Crate 4x12 Cab with 50 Watt Speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crate 4x12 Cab with 50 Watt Speakers

Hey guys. I have a chance to buy one of these in an angled version. It has 50 watt speakers in it, but not sure who made them or how they sound. Does anybody have one of these cabs? I do know it is Made In USA, but not sure what the speakers are like. I am probably going to go look at it if the speakers are decent. I love Celestion G12T-75`s. So I like bright speakers. Thanks.

I have one with V30 Celestions and it sounds great.
    Mine had the Crate front logo but says this on the back.Good deal for $150.00 I thought.
    Paid $275.00 for this cab and a Crate stealth all tube 50 watt head(Lee Jackson design with 6V6's)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by straycat; 08-31-2013, 01:53 PM.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

The one I am looking at is all Crate. Even the back and sais 100 watts a side, 200 watts Power Rating. They may be Celestion 50`s in it.

Comment

Sounds like its got 50's in it.I'm curious just what is in there.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

If it's the version with carpet on it instead of black tolex It has Celestion G12s 50 watt speakers in it. I used to have one of those and man did it have some serious bottom end. I wish I never sold it to be honest. That's a great cabinet.
          This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Which model cab is it? I've an old compact slant 4x12 with their own St. Louis Music speakers, and they sound great.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Not sure on version. It has Tolex and a big silver Crate logo on the front.

Comment

Then the only way to figure out what speakers are in there is to take the back panel off and check.

Comment

Hahaha, I just got one of these today. Blue tolex with gold logo plate. 200watt stereo cab. V30's in mine.... Congrats on your score Straycat
                  Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Originally posted by Jayster View Post
                    Hahaha, I just got one of these today. Blue tolex with gold logo plate. 200watt stereo cab. V30's in mine.... Congrats on your score Straycat
                    How could a cab be 200 watts if it has 30 watt speakers in it?
                    This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

good question :dunno:

I took the sellers word for it... My wife met the seller while I was at work. Sounds great!!! This weekend I'll pull the back off the cab and double check, maybe take a picture(cuz we love pics here).

PS ~ I gave 160$, not quite as good as Straycat...

Comment

Originally posted by leftykingv2 View Post
                        How could a cab be 200 watts if it has 30 watt speakers in it?
                        Vintage 30s are actually rated at 60 watts, not 30.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                          Vintage 30s are actually rated at 60 watts, not 30.
                          quite right Toe..... BUT, turns out these are clones(It is an Eminence 121293 12 inch, 60 Watt, 16 ohm Vintage Style Guitar Speaker - 38 ounce ceramic magnet. 1 1/2" voice coil. Vintage style all paper cone).

Comment

Cool. They look interesting. How do they sound? I've always pretty much liked Eminence speakers.

Comment

I just hooked it up after work, don't really have time tonight to break it in good. My initial thought is that they're very close to v30's.... Saturday I'll put some time on them and give a more detailed review.

Comment

Working...
                              X