No announcement yet.

Marshall JVM 410H Opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other than the hiss, I have only read good things about the JVM. When I was a teenager, I always wanted a Marshall because every metal band seemed to play them. It would be nice to get the JVM just to satisfy that childhood fantasy. Cannot wait to spend more time with one.
    No honey, I have always had this Jackson....

Comment

My Jvm doesn't have a hiss problem at any volume. I usually don't even use a noise gate unless I am using a ton of effects.
      This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

What cab are you using or which one seems to be the most commonly used?
        No honey, I have always had this Jackson....

Comment

I am playing through a closed back Orange 2 x 12 with V 30s. That thing is built like a tank and sounds awesome with my 410HJS. My bro down in Florida has the 205H and plays through the Marshall Dave Mustaine 4 x 12 cab and his tone is epic!
          "Rule number one: In my van, it's Rush. All Rush, all the time. No exceptions. Rule number two: Nobody touch the red button. And I mean never touch the red button. Most importantly, rule number three: There's no jerking it in my van!"

Kemper 600 watt Profiling Amp
          ENGL Powerball II
          Peavey 5150 4x12 Slant Cab
          Mesa 4 x 12 Slant Cab
          Marshall 2x12 Cab

2010 Jackson SL2H Trans Blue
          1988 Charvel 750XL Trans Cherry Burst
          1989 Charvel 750XL Trans Cherry Burst Hardtail
          2011 Jackson DK2M Blue
          2011 Jackson DK2M Black
          1987 Charvel Model 2 White
          2012 Charvel Dimartini Crossed Swords
          1991 Charvel Dinky 080-SH Blue Crackle
          1990 Grover Jackson Dinky Trans Purple
          2010 Jackson Mutt Slime Green
          2012 Charvel Jap Pro Mod Candy Blue
          2006 Gibson Les Paul Custom Black
          2003 Gibson Les Paul R9 Custom Shop Reissue
          2013 Gibson Les Paul Studio Pro Silverburst
          2013 Epiphone Plus Top Pro w/ Bonamassa pups
          2014 PRS SE Custom 24 Emerald Green
          1987 Tokai Silver Star Strat

Comment

Originally posted by BigE13 View Post
            I have the JVM410HJS and it is an absolute beast. Best cleans I have heard in an amp that is not a Fender Tweed...and OD1 and 2 red channel is a high gain tone monster. It is simply the most versatile amp I have played. The built in noise gate is top notch. I definitely recommend this amp and yes it sounds awesome at bedroom levels as well as balls out!

I have been VERY interested in one of these. I bought a regular 410H back in 2007 when they first came out and I didn't like it. I ended up shipping it back, but from what I have read the 410HJS sounds like everything I was hoping the original JVM was. What pickups are you using? I've read that the JVM410HJS doesn't like active pickups. No shops around here carry the JS model just the regular JVM. Most of my guitars have Seymour Duncan Blackouts/EMTYs/EMG Het Set so I am wondering before I pick one up. I know Joe uses medium output pickups. I was thinking I could pick one up and if the actives are too much maybe throw in a set of KT88s.
            I DESPISE ROSEWOOD WITH A PASSION!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Steel City Psycho View Post
              I have been VERY interested in one of these. I bought a regular 410H back in 2007 when they first came out and I didn't like it. I ended up shipping it back, but from what I have read the 410HJS sounds like everything I was hoping the original JVM was. What pickups are you using? I've read that the JVM410HJS doesn't like active pickups. No shops around here carry the JS model just the regular JVM. Most of my guitars have Seymour Duncan Blackouts/EMTYs/EMG Het Set so I am wondering before I pick one up. I know Joe uses medium output pickups. I was thinking I could pick one up and if the actives are too much maybe throw in a set of KT88s.
              Can you give more details about what you didn't like about the JVM410H that you sent back? I've only heard good things - I'm curious about specifically what you didn't like. Honestly I've only "dicked around" with a JVM for maybe 30 minutes here, 30 minutes there. Nothing seriously. I ended up going the MTS route for my multi-channel head because I like the flexibility and easy to customize modules.

While I like the flexibility of the MTS, I still Love the DSL100 - it sounds great just up and go.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Al View Post
                What cab are you using or which one seems to be the most commonly used?
                If this question was directed at me I have all Marshall JCM 900-1960 Lead cabs. I have 3 B's and three A's. I have all of them loaded with vintage Celestion 25 watt greenbacks. Most people when they purchase the half stacks end up with what it comes with. Which is usually the JCM 900 Lead 1960 A loaded with 75 watt celestions.
                This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                  Can you give more details about what you didn't like about the JVM410H that you sent back? I've only heard good things - I'm curious about specifically what you didn't like. Honestly I've only "dicked around" with a JVM for maybe 30 minutes here, 30 minutes there. Nothing seriously. I ended up going the MTS route for my multi-channel head because I like the flexibility and easy to customize modules.

While I like the flexibility of the MTS, I still Love the DSL100 - it sounds great just up and go.
                  A lot of the complaints I've seen on them revolve around gain being unusable on OD1/OD2 after about 10:00-11:00 due to feedback. That and the fact that without a choke it can sound a little loose/flubby.
                  GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                    A lot of the complaints I've seen on them revolve around gain being unusable on OD1/OD2 after about 10:00-11:00 due to feedback. That and the fact that without a choke it can sound a little loose/flubby.
                    Well, what Hellbat said was the first part of it.

The second part was I absolutely hated the channel switching delay and the pop when the channels were switched, Joe supposedly smoothed this out and now it switches fast and seemlessly. I thougt there was something wrong with it and called the place I bought it from for a return label and they told me it was fine, that is how they were and if I wanted to retrun it, it was on me.

Funny you mention MTS, that's the route I went too

Comment

Originally posted by Steel City Psycho View Post
                      Steel, I have a DK2M with the EMTYs and I also have a Jackson Mutt with EMGXs and both guitars sound great through the head. Nice cleans and excellent crunch/high gain. I think you will be able to get just about anything you want out of this amp with active or passive pups. A little EQ adjust and you would be good to go.
                      "Rule number one: In my van, it's Rush. All Rush, all the time. No exceptions. Rule number two: Nobody touch the red button. And I mean never touch the red button. Most importantly, rule number three: There's no jerking it in my van!"

Kemper 600 watt Profiling Amp
                      ENGL Powerball II
                      Peavey 5150 4x12 Slant Cab
                      Mesa 4 x 12 Slant Cab
                      Marshall 2x12 Cab

2010 Jackson SL2H Trans Blue
                      1988 Charvel 750XL Trans Cherry Burst
                      1989 Charvel 750XL Trans Cherry Burst Hardtail
                      2011 Jackson DK2M Blue
                      2011 Jackson DK2M Black
                      1987 Charvel Model 2 White
                      2012 Charvel Dimartini Crossed Swords
                      1991 Charvel Dinky 080-SH Blue Crackle
                      1990 Grover Jackson Dinky Trans Purple
                      2010 Jackson Mutt Slime Green
                      2012 Charvel Jap Pro Mod Candy Blue
                      2006 Gibson Les Paul Custom Black
                      2003 Gibson Les Paul R9 Custom Shop Reissue
                      2013 Gibson Les Paul Studio Pro Silverburst
                      2013 Epiphone Plus Top Pro w/ Bonamassa pups
                      2014 PRS SE Custom 24 Emerald Green
                      1987 Tokai Silver Star Strat

Comment

American flag is backwards in the pic. Field of stars on the flag's own right. Sweet stacks, by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by DRM View Post
                          American flag is backwards in the pic. Field of stars on the flag's own right. Sweet stacks, by the way.
                          Yes, I know, I hear it all the time, and thanks. Most people do not know proper flag etiquette. I have it backwards for 2 reasons. First this particular flag must have been made to be displayed horizontally because all the seems and tags are on the side that should be displayed vertically. Second I really didn't like the way it looked displayed properly behind the amp. I don't feel I am being disrespectful and I have seen it displayed wrong in various places that should know better, like Gov. Institutions and Grand Central Station...

Last edited by Steel City Psycho; 10-04-2013, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BigE13 View Post
                            Steel, I have a DK2M with the EMTYs and I also have a Jackson Mutt with EMGXs and both guitars sound great through the head. Nice cleans and excellent crunch/high gain. I think you will be able to get just about anything you want out of this amp with active or passive pups. A little EQ adjust and you would be good to go.
                            Ugh, I was afraid of that. My bank account will not be thanking you in the future

Comment

I have the Lynch box head, but sadly not the matching cab. I run it thru my 1960A with the standard G12T-75's.

How do the Lynch box cabs sound?

Comment

I have the Lynch box head, but sadly not the matching cab. I run it thru my 1960A with the standard G12T-75's.

How do the Lynch box cabs sound?
                                Amazing

I will never part with those, they blow the two XXL cabs away.

Very full and thick, highs aren't spikey. The XXL cabs sound like transistor radios in comparison, thin, small, weak.

I have the ones with the Eminence Super Vs, the newer ones have the Celestion Lynchbacks, and there are some floating around with regular Celestion Greenbacks.

I love the Super Vs, sad Eminence quit making them because I wanted to put them in the other two XXL cabs which have G12T-75s and V-30s in an X pattern. I've been meaning to email Eminence and ask which is the closest speaker they have available. The description of the Legend V128 sounds close.

Comment

Working...
                                X