No announcement yet.

Marshall JVM 410H Opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Steel City Psycho;1582565]I hear it all the time...I don't feel I am being disrespectful [/QUOTE]
    There's a reason you hear it all the time, and I imagine specifically from veterans. Just remember what that flag means to some people and what it stands for. It's not a wall decoration: it's our national ensign. Some of us have coworkers who's caskets were draped with that flag, so I only ask that you remember what it stands for and give it the due respect it deserves. Also, in Grand Central Station, the flag is oriented properly if viewed from the entrance and unfortunately it doesn't work both ways.

Comment

[QUOTE=DRM;1582574]
      Originally posted by Steel City Psycho View Post
      I hear it all the time...I don't feel I am being disrespectful [/QUOTE]
      There's a reason you hear it all the time, and I imagine specifically from veterans. Just remember what that flag means to some people and what it stands for. It's not a wall decoration: it's our national ensign. Some of us have coworkers who's caskets were draped with that flag, so I only ask that you remember what it stands for and give it the due respect it deserves. Also, in Grand Central Station, the flag is oriented properly if viewed from the entrance and unfortunately it doesn't work both ways.
      First of all I would like to clarify that the "Thanks" in my initial post was to your comment of "Sweet stacks" not that the flag was backwards.

Second, I do know what it means and what it stands for. Even though I was not in the military, I am grateful and thankful for all who were and even though I am a civilian I still protect and serve this country and wear the flag on my sleeve every day that I go to work. It is not simply a wall decoration. It is only on the wall because I live in an apartment and I do not have a front porch to mount a flag pole. I said I didn't feel I was being disrespectful because even though I am not displaying it with the blue field to the right as it should be, I wanted to display it so the blue field could be fully seen and not be behind the amp.

Sorry if I offended you.
      I DESPISE ROSEWOOD WITH A PASSION!!!

Comment

At least he loves America enough to hang his flag up and not stuff it into a box like most people do until the 4th. Also every time people hang flags up in my neighborhood they usually do it wrong as well. Unfortunately proper flag etiquette is not really understood by many people. My next door neighbor has a flag pole in his yard and he hangs the flag up wrong at least half the time. Not to mention he leaves it hanging out for days on end sometimes. He's gone through at least 3 of them since I've been his neighbor because he leaves them out in all types of weather. I don't think he is an asshole or disrespectful I just think he doesn't really understand how much that flag means to some people. He's just using it to show he is a patriot and it makes his yard look nice in his opinion. Like DRM said my brother was in the Army for 9 years and lost quite a few friends and every time he comes to my house he says something to me about my neighbor being an asshole for the way he treats his flag. I thought my brother was going to kill him one day when we were on the porch and he came out to take his flag down and he just let it hit the ground! The houses are about 40 feet apart and my brother screamed "Hey asshole I have friends who died protecting that flag so you should show some fucking respect!" My neighbor is a 45 year old computer programmer and is about 5'9 155 lbs. My brother was an Army Ranger and is about 6'3 240. Needless to say my neighbor picked his flag up and ran in the house to change his diaper. He never comes outside any more when my brother comes over. DRM most people have no idea what that flag means to a man like you or my brother. It should be treated the way you and my brother say but these people who have never served have no clue. Hell I never knew shit about how to treat a flag until my brother showed me.
        Last edited by leftykingv2; 10-04-2013, 05:46 PM.
        This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

A flag displayed vertically and is free hanging is supposed to have the Jack facing either North or East and of course since that flag is in the center of the room, if viewed from the "back side" it would appear to be wrong but as long as the Jack faces North it is correct. The Grand Central Station flag is correct. The flag in the pic of the amp stack is incorrect. It would only be displayed that way as a sign of distress. Otherwise it is wrong and considered a disrespect. If you need my credentials on how I know, I am a proud 25 year AF member.
          Last edited by BigE13; 10-04-2013, 09:10 PM.
          "Rule number one: In my van, it's Rush. All Rush, all the time. No exceptions. Rule number two: Nobody touch the red button. And I mean never touch the red button. Most importantly, rule number three: There's no jerking it in my van!"

Kemper 600 watt Profiling Amp
          ENGL Powerball II
          Peavey 5150 4x12 Slant Cab
          Mesa 4 x 12 Slant Cab
          Marshall 2x12 Cab

2010 Jackson SL2H Trans Blue
          1988 Charvel 750XL Trans Cherry Burst
          1989 Charvel 750XL Trans Cherry Burst Hardtail
          2011 Jackson DK2M Blue
          2011 Jackson DK2M Black
          1987 Charvel Model 2 White
          2012 Charvel Dimartini Crossed Swords
          1991 Charvel Dinky 080-SH Blue Crackle
          1990 Grover Jackson Dinky Trans Purple
          2010 Jackson Mutt Slime Green
          2012 Charvel Jap Pro Mod Candy Blue
          2006 Gibson Les Paul Custom Black
          2003 Gibson Les Paul R9 Custom Shop Reissue
          2013 Gibson Les Paul Studio Pro Silverburst
          2013 Epiphone Plus Top Pro w/ Bonamassa pups
          2014 PRS SE Custom 24 Emerald Green
          1987 Tokai Silver Star Strat

Comment

I explained why I had the flag displayed the way I did and although I have been told before that it was backwards, I have never been told I was being disrespectful. I corrected it the minute I got home. My apologizes to anyone I offended.

Now let's get back to talking about guitars and amps

Comment

By the way Steelcity I love your Lynchbox!!!
              This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Thank you, Steel City. Now rock the fuck out.

Comment

Thank you Steel City. I appreciate you correcting that. The flag means everything to us. You are a class act. Now, let us rock my brother!
                  "Rule number one: In my van, it's Rush. All Rush, all the time. No exceptions. Rule number two: Nobody touch the red button. And I mean never touch the red button. Most importantly, rule number three: There's no jerking it in my van!"

Kemper 600 watt Profiling Amp
                  ENGL Powerball II
                  Peavey 5150 4x12 Slant Cab
                  Mesa 4 x 12 Slant Cab
                  Marshall 2x12 Cab

2010 Jackson SL2H Trans Blue
                  1988 Charvel 750XL Trans Cherry Burst
                  1989 Charvel 750XL Trans Cherry Burst Hardtail
                  2011 Jackson DK2M Blue
                  2011 Jackson DK2M Black
                  1987 Charvel Model 2 White
                  2012 Charvel Dimartini Crossed Swords
                  1991 Charvel Dinky 080-SH Blue Crackle
                  1990 Grover Jackson Dinky Trans Purple
                  2010 Jackson Mutt Slime Green
                  2012 Charvel Jap Pro Mod Candy Blue
                  2006 Gibson Les Paul Custom Black
                  2003 Gibson Les Paul R9 Custom Shop Reissue
                  2013 Gibson Les Paul Studio Pro Silverburst
                  2013 Epiphone Plus Top Pro w/ Bonamassa pups
                  2014 PRS SE Custom 24 Emerald Green
                  1987 Tokai Silver Star Strat

Comment

Originally posted by leftykingv2 View Post
                    By the way Steelcity I love your Lynchbox!!!
                    Thanks, like I said above, those are the best sounding cabs I've ever heard.

Comment

Originally posted by DRM View Post
                      Thank you, Steel City. Now rock the fuck out.
                      Originally posted by BigE13 View Post
                      Thank you Steel City. I appreciate you correcting that. The flag means everything to us. You are a class act. Now, let us rock my brother!
                      You're welcome, I would never be disrespectful on purpose.

Comment

Thought I would follow up with my original post. Got a used JVM410H and it is just what I was looking for...so far.
                        Played a 5150 for years then Mesa Rectos, using a Roadster lately. The JVM seems to be a perfect fit for me. It has been a great low volume practice amp and I will be taking it to band practice later today. Probably need to check into a noise gate but the feedback is controllable at medium volumes without effects.
                        Took me many years to come to Marshall. Sound pretty good with the Recto cabs but will soon be looking for a matching Marshall cab(s).
                        No honey, I have always had this Jackson....

Comment

Marshalls have spoiled me.

Comment

I got a 410H. Love the sound but the effects loop sucks tone when serial.

Comment

Originally posted by BigE13 View Post
                              I have the JVM410HJS and it is an absolute beast. Best cleans I have heard in an amp that is not a Fender Tweed...and OD1 and 2 red channel is a high gain tone monster. It is simply the most versatile amp I have played. The built in noise gate is top notch. I definitely recommend this amp and yes it sounds awesome at bedroom levels as well as balls out!
                              Yeah the JS interests me because I absolutely loved the clean channel on the 6100. I really want to try one of these out.
                              I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                              So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Working...
                              X