Back into the old Boss GT-8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back into the old Boss GT-8

I have owned just about every floor modeling processor ever made. I just picked up another one of these and its still amazing all the technology in this black foot controller. I bought it because I needed a compressor, acoustic simulator and a univibe and this thing used was way cheaper than buying 3 pedals. I can also use it to switch my solo boost on and off on my Mesa Single Rectifier. Basically I am only using it in manual mode more like the ME50. Just effects. No 4 cable method, no full range speakers etc.... When plugged straight into the front of my amp it really is transparent enough for me live and now I have a ton of stomp boxes to choose from. Anyway.. I am digging it all over again.

I used to own a GT-8 and a GT Pro. For an effects only box they're amazing at giving you high quality pedal effects and then some.

Comment

I've owned a GT-8 but found the display too small, so I got a GT-10, and its easier to use.
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I use the GT-8 also and only use it in manual mode for needed effects (no distortion though, I use my amp for that), volume control and tuning when needed. It is a great pedal when the time is taken to figure out how to use it manually. Congrats on owning another one!!!
        I like black and white guitars

Comment

Still have my GT-8.
          I run it into two Carvin SX300 2x12 combos.
          I love the diversity in tone I can get out of this thing when you consider my entire rig cost under a grand.
          -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
            Still have my GT-8.
            I run it into two Carvin SX300 2x12 combos.
            I love the diversity in tone I can get out of this thing when you consider my entire rig cost under a grand.
            I ran one for almost 2 years through a Carvin T100 power amp into 2 2 x 12 Randall cabs set up stage left and stage right. Everything was in true stereo and the ping pong delays were sick sounding live. I also would have 2 different amps going stage left and right. It was really good tone for most of the clubs we played at, at the time. Then everything got bigger and louder and it was out with the modeling and in with the Mesa Rectifiers and the 5150's.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
              I ran one for almost 2 years through a Carvin T100 power amp into 2 2 x 12 Randall cabs set up stage left and stage right. Everything was in true stereo and the ping pong delays were sick sounding live. I also would have 2 different amps going stage left and right. It was really good tone for most of the clubs we played at, at the time. Then everything got bigger and louder and it was out with the modeling and in with the Mesa Rectifiers and the 5150's.
              My rig was great for small clubs, but it will work fine in larger venues if the PA was decent.
              -Rick

Comment

I use a GT-10 into the effects return of a Randall MTS RM50. The Randall is used for its power amp and speaker. The GT-10 provides preamp, EQ, and all effects. The GT-10 is a great unit with amazing flexibility, reliability, etc. Recently, I've been experimenting with the possibility of playing direct with the GT-10 and avoiding my amp altogether.

Comment

Congratz jgcable!

Another GT8 abuser here! Been owning one since they've been out. Run it 4CM with my Peavey 6505, Marshall DSL50, Mini Rectifier and Traynor YCV40. Love the thing. It ain't perfect but does the job.

I recently re-discovered it for recording and been using it a lot. Some tunes here: https://soundcloud.com/jb-aka-benoa

Tried a GT-100 the other day but could not justify retiring my old GT8 so I'll be using it until it dies.
                  JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                  Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Working...
                  X