What pedal to boost a Randall RG80???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What pedal to boost a Randall RG80???

hey guys. I am looking to get a pedal to boost my RG100 and RG80. Anyone had positive results with a specific pedal? Should I just get an EQ pedal?? Help!!

An eq would probably work the best as a clean boost. I've tried a lot of them and I ended with an eq.
    "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
    I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeStrat View Post
      An eq would probably work the best as a clean boost. I've tried a lot of them and I ended with an eq.
      Thanks for the comment! Have a nice eq to try out?

Comment

I a MXR M108 10 band eq in the effects loop. Makes mine sound incredible!The eq is great, but playing with the gain makes it easy to find a sweet spot. It totally changes the amp for the better. BTW I'm a metal head!!!! \m/

Comment

Originally posted by contilon View Post
          I a MXR M108 10 band eq in the effects loop. Makes mine sound incredible!The eq is great, but playing with the gain makes it easy to find a sweet spot. It totally changes the amp for the better. BTW I'm a metal head!!!! \m/
          HMMMMM....maybe I will get a KK MXR EQ

Comment

I may go the Kirk Windstein route and use a BOSS MT2 as a boost. What ya think? Seems to work pretty damn good for him.

Comment

I like the EQ better, especially on a solid state amp. The M108 is less noisy than most of the OD pedals I've used and you can adjust your sound if you like as well. With the vol and gain sliders you can boost as needed very cleanly. And if you get the KFK (only difference is stereo outputs), you can use the second output to run a tuner completely out of your signal chain (that's what I do)..
              Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

ok so i went and bought a 40 dollar used metal zone and wow wee! Sounds crazy good boosting the RG80!

Comment

Working...
                X