What are the favorite amps you have owned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the favorite amps you have owned

I fall in love and out of love with amps. We mostly here all have gas. Note I can't play worth shit. That being said, said the amps I have owned that I loved

Hafler triple giant with a VHT 2150
    Soldano sp 77 thru an engl powerball
    Short head mark iv
    Marshall 6100lm
    VHT Pitbull cl100 EQ.
    Marshall jubilee

Played others that I loved but what do you love?
    I keep the bible in a pool of blood
    So that none of its lies can affect me

Randall MTS and all of the modded preamps
    Soldano SLO
    Orange Rockerverb 100
    Traynor YCS50
    Vox AC30
    Fryette Sig:X
    I haven't owned the soldano or vox

Comment

The SLO is or has been a dream. I strangely think if you are a good player ( which I am not )that is a damn good amp
      I keep the bible in a pool of blood
      So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Previously owned
        Bogner Ecstasy
        H&K Triamp

Currently own
        Marshall JVM410H
        Mesa Roadster
        Randall RM100

Comment

Like you said, I liked (or loved) everything I had before moving on including a few Crates and many Peaveys. But for the past few years and long into the future:
          Randall MTS.. RM100 and RM50 with a bunch of modules. All amps I'm interested in and ability to change in a few seconds.
          Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

JCM 2000 TSL,JVM 410H, JCM 800 2203, Fender vintage reissue 65 deluxe reverb, Mesa Boogie dual rec. Soldano SLO100 Super lead. JCM 900, Boogie triple rec, Laney IRT 60H, Randall RG 100ES, Pretty much any EVH 5150, Marshall Valvestate 8100. I could go on forever. I think if you work with any amp long enough you can find at least one sound or quality you like about all guitar amps. Some have tons of good features others just a few but I think they all have good things and bad things about them. It all just depends on how you utilize said amp in my opinion.
            Last edited by leftykingv2; 11-07-2013, 12:17 PM.
            This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Don't think I could part with my two Cygnus amps they have a unique tone all their own.No need for dirt pedals they have all the drive you need.
              Currently loving my Blackstar HT studio 20 head and Marshall Class 5 head.Both are really great sounding amps.
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I dig the Peavey Triple X alot. I have 3 heads and 1 combo. It is a rather raw amp with alot of hidden options. It compares to the Rectifier by Mesa but for half the price. It has been a dream ever since I had a amp tech walk me through the damping and impedance switches and help understand the active EQing on the gain channels. At 120 amps it is alot to handle so pairing it up with a 4 ohm hotplate and running the cabinet stereo brings out the beauty in this beast. No added overdrive or distortion ever needed. Very under-rated amp!!!
                I like black and white guitars

Comment

1970 Ampeg V-4 I used to own but was stolen.. awesome amount of clean power

and the Randal RG 100es I currently own
                  GEAR:
                  #1 2001 MIJ Jackson DK-2 (IG Smoke Stack II,IG Pig Iron & 79' Gibson T-Top)
                  #2 1995 MIK modded Fender squire (IG Rollings Mills,SD SC-101, IG Iron Slag)

#3 2001 MIK Squier Stagemaster Deluxe[Fender TripleBucker]
                  #4 2007 MIJ DKMG/DXMG Jackson (IG VOLTS)
                  #5 1985 MIA Gibson SG Special (EMG 85 & H)
                  #6 1999 MIK ESP LTD M107
                  AMPS:
                  1989 Randall RG 100 ES;Randall RH 200;Peavey 412 ms;two Early 70's Woodson 212's
                  ART SGX 2000 w/x15 ultrafoot;ART MutiVerb

Comment

i have owned a ton of amps over the years:

Marshall JCM800 2204
                    Marshall Jubilee 2554 (black tolex, small box)
                    Soldano SLO
                    Soldano X88R w/ Rivera Hammer 120 power amp
                    Soldano SP-77 w/ Peavey classic 50/50 power amp
                    Mesa Nomad 100
                    Mesa Mark IV
                    Fender Bassman 100
                    '64 Fender Bassman
                    '63 Fender Tremolux
                    '64 Fender Vibro Champ
                    Fender Excelsior
                    Kitty Hawk M1
                    Rivera M100
                    Rivera S120
                    Rivera M60
                    Rivera R55-12
                    Rivera Knucklehead Reverb
                    Egnater Tweaker 15
                    Egnater Tweaker 40
                    Line 6 Flextone II HD
                    Orange Micro Terror

Of ALL those amps, the only ones i have enjoyed (and still have) are the:

Egnater Tweaker 15
                    Egnater Tweaker 40
                    Rivera M100
                    Rivera S120
                    Rivera M60
                    Orange Micro Terror
                    '63 Fender Tremolux
                    '64 Fender Vibro Champ
                    Fender Excelsior

Each of those amps offers me something unique in the tone department. Excluding the Riveras, which are just the same amp with different power options....
                    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I think since I still have these they are favorites

Bogner 101B
                      VHT 50 CL w/EQ+REV
                      Splawn QuickRod
                      JCM800 2203
                      Mesa/Boogie DC-5
                      shawnlutz.com

Comment

Magnatone MP3 combo it was the best clean sounding amp I ever owned and kick myself for selling it. Never heard an amp like it.

Comment

I have probably owned every amp on the planet. My favorite is the Mesa Boogie Single Rectifier Solo Series 2 head. In the past... the amps I thought were fantastic that I owned were the Soldano SLO100, Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Tremoverb head, and every version of the Peavey 5150 Series.

Comment

I've had my Laney AOR 50 head since the early 90's. I use it for JCM800 tones.
                            I've been in love with my orange DSL100 since Nov 1998. Use it for modern tones or classic tones.
                            My recent amp is a Lynchbox. I have about 10 modules, but nothing really mod'ed.

My DSL is still #1 for most stuff.
                            I guess I'd call the Lynchbox my #2.
                            The Laney is a one-trick pony, but it does the roaring classic Marshall tones really well.

Comment

Just got a JVM410H and cannot stop playing it. Great amp at bedroom practicing levels and playing live. First amp I have had in awhile that provides inspired playing.
                              No honey, I have always had this Jackson....

Comment

Working...
                              X