3x 800ma output pedal power block?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3x 800ma output pedal power block?

Of all the power supplies for multiple pedals I've seen won't exceed 400ma per output jack. I want a power block PSU that takes up only one outlet of my power conditioner, but will also output up to 800ma per output jack, thus enabling me to power all 3 of my Boss GT floorboard FX units and get rid of the 3 external PSU's I'm using right now. Does such a device exist?
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

What about this?: http://www.thomann.de/gb/cioks_ciokolate.htm
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I would contact Daniel at GigRig and see if their Generator and Distributor would do it. The Generator is rated at 5A and they are in the UK. At NAMM a few years back Daniel powered the whole display booth off one Generator!
      Rudy
      www.metalinc.net

Comment

Thanks Rudy, email sent. FWIW, my GR/GT's use 9v DC to AC adapter PSU's, ranging from 600ma to 800ma each. So when looking for a multi power supply, should I be looking for 800ma DC?
        Last edited by wilkinsi; 11-08-2013, 09:07 PM.
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

What about just something like a Godlyke Powerall and the 5 jack daisy chain? Mine is 2000ma (2A). Wouldn't it work?
          Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

I'm under the impression they'd have to be isolated.
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

What model boss units are you using? you can check the specs and see what power they use, i.e. a GT-8 uses 14VAC (650mA), where i think the GT-10 uses 9VDC (800mA), so the PSU you chose will have to match the requirements of your devices,

Comment

Already did.
                Boss GT-10: 9v/800ma
                Boss GT-100: 9v/600ma
                Roland GR-55: 9V/700ma.
                All 3 use Roland DC to AC external PSU's.
                In the case of the Ciokolate, there's a 600ma DC outlet, but the 800ma is AC, not DC.
                Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

It seems the GigRig Generator w/Distributor and/or Isolator is the best option (as rudy mentioned above): this will give you 5A, which should be more than enough (800+600+700 = 2100mA / 2.1A at 9VDC)

Im sure that Daniel from GigRig will confirm the best option.

The Ciokolate doesnt have enough juice.

two other options I know of, the Godlyke power-all(which warlock mentioned) and MXR DC brick do a max of 2000mA, so they might work, since the ratings on the Boss units are probably max or nominal values there actual current draw might be slightly less

Comment

Is there a device that measures the real rating? It would interesting to know if the GT-10 really does draw 800ma.
                    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Yes, it's called an Ammeter, but you'd have to put it in-line.
                      So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Working...
                      X