Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Celestion G12-65's anyone here use them? what do you think of them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Celestion G12-65's anyone here use them? what do you think of them?

I've got a Recto 2 X12 that I use with my JSX and my Axe FX II and I love it, but recently I've been thinking of adding another 2X12 that is more "Marshall" sounding.
    the Cab IR's in the Axe of the G12-65 are some of my favorites to use with the Marshall based amp models.
    How would these sound with my JSX, I have the opportunity to maybe grab an empty Evh 5150III 2X12, I know someone who's has a pair of these (the originals and would sell them to me for $200.00 for the pair) but I've never used them before and don't want to go down this road if they won't wow me.
    any one here use these? what do you think of them (in a 2X12) and at times mixed with the recto V30 cab.
    thanks
    If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

I've played them before and I thought they were pretty solid speakers. Nice, well rounded and a full sound. I used them on a buddy's 4x12 cab though so I can't comment about a 2x12. Also $200 bucks for a pair of those is a good deal they cost $160 a piece last time I checked. On the plus side if you buy them and hate them you could easily get your money back or maybe even more than you paid for them. Good luck.
    This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Working...
    X