Boss HM-2 info needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boss HM-2 info needed.

I've been trting to find one of these for a little while.
    eBay prices are too much. Are there any other places/people who mave have one of these at a more reasonable price range.

i believe I saw one at my local pawnshop in "ok" condition a week ago....almost picked it up, but I saw an old 90's rack unit I wanted instead.. an ART Multiverb at a very reasonable priced..ftw Just a tad more that the pedals they had..

How much are people trying to get for them..? I know the item I saw went for ~40.

scour the pawn shops dude and you might get lucky or just be lazy and get it of ebay and pay a higher price.. perhaps one might have one on a forum and wants to sell

Just looked on ebay.. MY GOD.. i saw one for 115..LOL and the rest hovered around 50 to 80... your right .. that is to much.. most id pay is 50 to 60 tops.. seriously isnt worth more IMO

edit> makes me wana pick up the one at the pawnshop and double my money on ebay.. if I wasnt so lazy
    GEAR:
    #1 2001 MIJ Jackson DK-2 (IG Smoke Stack II,IG Pig Iron & 79' Gibson T-Top)
    #2 1995 MIK modded Fender squire (IG Rollings Mills,SD SC-101, IG Iron Slag)

#3 2001 MIK Squier Stagemaster Deluxe[Fender TripleBucker]
    #4 2007 MIJ DKMG/DXMG Jackson (IG VOLTS)
    #5 1985 MIA Gibson SG Special (EMG 85 & H)
    #6 1999 MIK ESP LTD M107
    AMPS:
    1989 Randall RG 100 ES;Randall RH 200;Peavey 412 ms;two Early 70's Woodson 212's
    ART SGX 2000 w/x15 ultrafoot;ART MutiVerb

Comment

Just out of curiosity, what's special about the HM-2?
      Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

beats me. I had one ages ago and thought it was horrible sounding...
        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I'm guessing two things keep the prices up on this pedal. I don't believe its in production any more, is it? and all the older ones were made in Japan. The Boss pedal collectors will pay more for a made in Japan vs. made in Taiwan version of the same pedal as they consider the Japanese built version to be of higher quality. Those are my guesses anyway.
          Rudy
          www.metalinc.net

Comment

Off the top of my head, Justin Broadrick is well known for using this pedal. But he's nichey and don't know if he would contribute to raised prices.

Then I did a Google search and found that the following players have used this pedal at one point: Jerry Garcia, Eric Clapton, David Gilmour, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by PowerTube View Post
              Just out of curiosity, what's special about the HM-2?
              Nobody that bought them back in the day wanted to keep them?
              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Swedish Death Metal!!

Comment

These are also amazing fuzz pedals! I love my Japan HM2. I just sold my super beat up Tiawan model for $80 on ebay in one day. The Tiawan one was just a little too buzzy. I boost my overdrive channel with mine and its ungodly awesome. Dont dime the Color mix, just play with it.
                  "Yet, every little piss ant wanna' be death metal wiener will just carbon copy the next phase.." Kam Lee/Massacre

LEFTY METAL HEAD!

Comment

READ THIS PLEASE!!!!!!!This is a small low-tech sound comparison between the legendary BOSS-HM2 heavy metal pedal and the Behringer HM300 heavy metal pedal. ...

Check that out. Behringer HM300 sounds really close if you can't find an HM-2. I have an HM-2 and am thinking of picking up one of these just to have on hand. Can't go wrong for only $25.

Comment

I'm sure the Behringer is a direct copy of the Boss. That's how they roll.
                      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I have my original HM-2 from the mid 80s. Its actually a very good pedal and back in the day for a kid like me it was an awesome substitute for 80s metal sound if you just had a cheap amp set on the clean channel and it can do a pretty good scooped mids metal sound too.

I think the secondary market distinguishes between models made in Japan and some made in Taiwan, with the former being preferable.
                        Jackson KV2
                        Jackson KE1T
                        Jackson KE1F
                        Jackson SL1

Comment

Decent pedal, very easy to get. Used around $40.00

Comment

Picked one up on eBay.

Comment

The entire Swedish Death Metal movement was more or less built on a foundation of HM-2s through Marshalls and for the past few years they have become a lot more desirable. I have an HM-3 which is easier to get and sounds almost identical.
                              It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
                              ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Working...
                              X