No announcement yet.

NEW "OLD" RANDALL AMP DAY.....AGAIN!! \m/

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you have the cash you can get two of the exact same blue marvels from Peavey for about $70 bucks a piece brand new. http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/P...0-PEV13-493690
    This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by leftykingv2 View Post
      If you have the cash you can get two of the exact same blue marvels from Peavey for about $70 bucks a piece brand new. http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/P...0-PEV13-493690
      Thanks Buddy! Just wondering....Is 96.3 dB on the Sensitivity pretty good for these? I have heard in the past from others etc that anything around 96.0 & up is a Good Speaker? I hardly ever hear anyone talk about the Sensitivity of a Speaker...anyway I was just wondering? Thanks for all the info Dude!! I really do appreciate your time man! \m/
      *Kramer Focus 4000 "V" 85' with OFR \m/
      *Kramer Focus 1000 85' with OFR \m/
      *Randall RG100ES Full Stack (85') Black Tolex with Matching R412JB & R412JT Jaguar Loaded Cabs "THE "DIME" METAL MONSTER" \m/
      Randall RG100ES (88') Gray Carpet "THE METAL MONSTER" \m/
      *Ampeg VH140C HEAD....O.M.G. METAL HEAVEN! \m/
      *ADA MP-1 (3.666 RECTO/SOLDANO) MOD* \m/
      *Digitech RP-1 "THE ORIGINAL" \m/
      *Morley Vai Bad Horsie 2 Wah \m/

​*LONG LIVE THE M-E-T-A-L!" \m/

Comment

Originally posted by axe dude View Post
        Thanks Buddy! Just wondering....Is 96.3 dB on the Sensitivity pretty good for these? I have heard in the past from others etc that anything around 96.0 & up is a Good Speaker? I hardly ever hear anyone talk about the Sensitivity of a Speaker...anyway I was just wondering? Thanks for all the info Dude!! I really do appreciate your time man! \m/
        Decibel sensitivity is not about sound quality. It's about how high the volume level on your amplifier needs to be in order to make your speakers work their best. Sensitivity refers to a measure of how loudly the speakers will play when given a certain electrical input. Speaker sensitivity is measured in decibels per 1 watt per meter, but is usually just referred to as just decibels. This is despite the fact that a decibel is really a mathematical unit used in the expression of different ratios concerning sound. The sensitivity of different speakers can be compared because the audio industry has standards for measuring speaker sensitivity. This is how they do it; Put a microphone exactly one meter in front of a speaker, at this distance most speakers at a given input of 2.83 volts will have an output in the range of 80 to 90 decibels. Putting the microphone 2 meters away from the speaker will make a big difference in the measured results. Every time you double the distance there will be a 6 decibel drop in the speaker output. Hope this helps bro and no worries about the time I spend typing this stuff because I sit here logged in the whole time I teach lessons. Someone else is paying me while I do this!
        This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by axe dude View Post
          Brandenburg & ThePitBullofLove...some Killer Rigs Dudes! LONG LIVE THE M-E-T-A-L! \m/
          thx.. my randall RG100es is an '89 and sounds pretty good..and is probably the best SS amp in its class.. Im not crazy bout the peavey cabinet though.. Sheffield 1230 are ok but nothing speciial.. they are supposed to be Celestion 80 watter clones..not sure on the model they are supposed to replicate.. might be super leads

Right now the randall in my livingroom and is running through a vintage 2X12..An old early 70's Woodson 212.. I have 2 identical cabinets I bought off a dude for like $50 several years ago.. They sound pretty good but I gotta be careful as Im not sure on the power rating of these speakers.. If i had to guess.. maby 30 to 50 watts a piece.. In anycase.. This setup is pretty solid for some relatively low volume jamming (i.e. Still loud as hell)..

I love 70's rock and 80's metal and it shows by the gear I own...(check my sig.. LOL) as does yours.. BTW..I used to own a 89' or 90' Focus 1000 w/ an emg 81 and a reversed headstock.. lol.. cant remember the year that I bought her but it was new when I did..
          Last edited by Brandenburg; 01-05-2014, 02:17 AM.
          GEAR:
          #1 2001 MIJ Jackson DK-2 (IG Smoke Stack II,IG Pig Iron & 79' Gibson T-Top)
          #2 1995 MIK modded Fender squire (IG Rollings Mills,SD SC-101, IG Iron Slag)

#3 2001 MIK Squier Stagemaster Deluxe[Fender TripleBucker]
          #4 2007 MIJ DKMG/DXMG Jackson (IG VOLTS)
          #5 1985 MIA Gibson SG Special (EMG 85 & H)
          #6 1999 MIK ESP LTD M107
          AMPS:
          1989 Randall RG 100 ES;Randall RH 200;Peavey 412 ms;two Early 70's Woodson 212's
          ART SGX 2000 w/x15 ultrafoot;ART MutiVerb

Comment

My Randall RH200 is pretty much a 2 trick pony.

The clean channel is pretty good. It comes with a 4 button midi switch that switches between clean (not quite Blackface, but pretty decent) and gain 1, an extra channel of gain, Reverb on/off, and a clean boost.

As stated, the clean is pretty darn good, and it takes pedals well. The dirt channel is metal all the way, and the extra gain stage is brutal metal. The reverb is a good one and quite lush. The amp is very loud for a SS amp.

The Randall cabinet it sits on is loaded with Celestion 70-80's and it's not a bad cabinet at all with most heads.

As to Celestion G-75T's, they're very good speakers. Stock Marshall 1960A/B cabinets come factory loaded with these speakers. You pay extra for Greenbacks, Creambacks, or Heritage speakers as an upgrade, but the 75's are actually quite nice, especially for playing 80's metal. I've got a couple of cabinets loaded with them...a Randall from the 80's, and an Ampeg Lee Jackson VL series cab. I like them a lot and they "fit" well with the Laney ProTube AOR Lead 50 I just picked up. You won't be disappointed with them, unless you're looking for a more "vintage" 60's/70's sound, IMHO. They're far and away better than the Crate and Peavey speakers you've got now!

Comment

Crate Lee Jackson Stealth 50 Watt all tube on top of an Ampeg Lee Jackson VL series cabinet and an old Randall 80's cabinet, both loaded with Celestion 75's

Peavey Windsor 100 watt on a Randall RH series cabinet with Celestion 70-80's and a B-52 cab loaded with Celestion 75's

Comment

Cool set up Pitbull!! I love mixing and matching heads and cabs. It's an awesome thing to do. I love hearing the subtle differences between one head unit and a few different cabs.

Comment

I have the matched head and cab. Always thought it was a bit much but have grown to like it...and yes it still kicks ass.

Comment

Man it looks awesome with those tiger stripes!

Comment

Working...
                    X