Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Supply

Guys,

I'm looking for a power supply to power a pedal board I'm putting together. There's tons of them out there. Can anyone recommend something they use, or have used that won't break the bank? Any other advice would be greatly appreciated as well.

thanks or reading...
    -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

Originally posted by dvscool View Post
    Guys,

I'm looking for a power supply to power a pedal board I'm putting together. There's tons of them out there. Can anyone recommend something they use, or have used that won't break the bank? Any other advice would be greatly appreciated as well.

thanks or reading...
    That depends on how many outlets you need. As you put there is a myriad of different option/directions you could go. I don't have pedal boards anymore. I have a really nice rack mounted Furman PL-plus DMC and I plug all of it into a Furman SS-6B. A lot of people tell me that's overkill but I don't care. It's worth it to protect my rack because I have a good chunk of money in it.
    This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

I use a Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2+. It's not inexpensive but is solidly built and I have had zero issues with it. It also mounts right in to my Pedaltrain board with an included bracket, which was the main reason I chose it. I've also used the much less expensive Gator G-Bus. It worked well but build quality was definitely a step down from Voodoo Labs.
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Its not going to be huge, I'm not big affects guy...an OD, delay, chorus, crybaby and noise-gate at the moment....I would say a maximum if 2 more will be added....

Comment

What are your power needs? Are all pedals 9v or do you require 18v also? If it's all 9v, I use a One Spot.They're cheap and dependable.
          I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Originally posted by tomanyjacksons View Post
            What are your power needs? Are all pedals 9v or do you require 18v also? If it's all 9v, I use a One Spot.They're cheap and dependable.
            Dude, that's funny, I was out yesterday and saw the same one. It was like, 40 bucks....so I bought it..lol
            Glad to hear good things.....thanks man....I think for me it will work just fine. Now, just have to find a board!

Comment

Originally posted by leftykingv2 View Post
              That depends on how many outlets you need. As you put there is a myriad of different option/directions you could go. I don't have pedal boards anymore. I have a really nice rack mounted Furman PL-plus DMC and I plug all of it into a Furman SS-6B. A lot of people tell me that's overkill but I don't care. It's worth it to protect my rack because I have a good chunk of money in it.
              I use a PL-Pro DMC E myself. I was told it was overkill too, because it handles up to 16A, and I've got it powered by a 13A socket. I wanted a numeric display instead of LED's anyway. Any gear that uses an external PSU is plugged into a self-made female 3-pin to male IEC. Stomp boxes are powered by a Rocktron PSU via jack cable adapters. Since we're on the subject of the DMC, the "Protection OK" indicator has gone out yet I never lost power. I now need to get it serviced because the surge suppressor has been compromised, according to Furman
              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

One Spot user here too..works great. Has never given me any trouble, been used a LOT live.

Comment

The 3 options I've used for pedals are the Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2, GigRig Generator and Distributors, and Dunlop DC Brick. The GigRig stuff can power the largest of pedalboards. The DC Brick offers 9 and 18v power and is easy to find. Not too expensive either. The Pedal Power is good but I always find myself needing another 18v outlet and I'm not about to add another Pedal Power just for that, it gets too expensive. At one point I used a One Spot on for a few pedals to just throw down quickly in front of me. The One Spot is the only thing I've had fail at a gig in my Pedalboards so its long gone. I stick with the 3 I mentioned above. When it comes to rack stuff I use Furman stuff including the AR-15 and Power Factor Pro R among others.
                  Rudy
                  www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                    I've also used the much less expensive Gator G-Bus. It worked well but build quality was definitely a step down from Voodoo Labs.
                    I've been using the G-Bus with my Gator Pedal Tote for years without issue. It's a solid unit. It's powering 9 & 18v pedals, in front of the amp & in the loop & never given a minute's trouble.
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

The One Spot is great as long as you are not trying to run your delay pedal in you fx loop. If you do, you'll be better off with the Voodoo Labs PP2 to cut down on the noise.
                      Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                        I've been using the G-Bus with my Gator Pedal Tote for years without issue. It's a solid unit. It's powering 9 & 18v pedals, in front of the amp & in the loop & never given a minute's trouble.
                        Yup, it's not bad. Two things I didn't like about it is mine was put together a little sloppy. Some of the screws on the casing were loose straight out of the box. And the external PSU is a bit of a pain to. With the Voodoo one, you just use a standard "PC" power cable to plug into. I keep a couple of extras of those since all my live gear uses them and you can usually scavenge one if you are stupid and left them at home.
                        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Working...
                        X