Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Line 6 Relay G55 wireless system...

OMFG!

I always hated fussing with gain settings... only to get a sub-par sound. None of the units I've ever tried have been anything that I liked. Ever. Admittedly, it's been a while since I tried something new... Matt recommended it... and I just said what the hell, ok.

I am so glad I did. Build quality is fantastic... the tx pack... wow. The sound is so sparkly clean and so brutally deep.

It is so worth the price tag. I'm using it with my Orange Dark Terror with a modified MXR-108 10 band and the 1x12 cab.

Insanely good tone. I'm impressed. Greatly.

Just wow... spent about 3 hours playing with it today. Just amazing.
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Glad that you like it!

I have the G90 and its simply awesome to say the least! Easily on par with some 2K systems that I have tried in the past. Build quality is indeed stellar and its sounds just like a cable. I know that many of you will roll your eyes while reading this but all I can say is try one out.

I ordered an extra beltpack as well as some extra cables with 90 degree Neutrik plugs for Les Paul's and such too.

Just have a look at many touring pro rigs and you will see the G90 units inside the racks. Yes folks! They are indeed that good!

What makes this sound so good is simply that its digital and not the UHF of the past.

Comment

Comment

Like it? I love it.

It sounds better than a cable... well... with the 25ft cable button, it sounds pretty much the same, but with it off... it's just so well defined all the way through the frequency range... no high end clipping, no loss of low end... it sounds absolutely brutal and true without the need for RX end processing. No need for a BBE or anything like that to regain lost frequencies...

I had it set to low power... it's inside my shop... I walked outside about 50 feet away and was just loving what I heard. No static, no cutout... it was truly a 'moment' if you know what I mean...

NO 9 volt batteries!!! Fucking awesome! And the TX will get 8 hours on a pair of cheap AAs? I can get 100 of them for like $10 when they're on sale.

One of the best gear purchases I think I've ever made.
        Last edited by xenophobe; 01-15-2014, 11:30 AM.

Comment

I have a lowly G30 and it's awesome too. The battery life is long enough that I use it pretty much all the time (even when practicing).

Comment

G-whatever... These latest Line 6 wireless systems are awesome. Fuck Jim Nady and his crappy products. He can go get ass raped. He's a douchebag anyway.

Comment

Nady suck ass. Always have.
              Shitty body packs that fell apart too easy and crappy connectors too.

I've always used Shure wireless systems in the past.
              Looks like it's time to check out new gear.
              -Rick

Comment

Well, if you can afford to throw money at Jackson USA guitars, the money spent on one of the new Line 6 units is absolutely worthwhile.

FWIW, I never liked Shure wireless either. It was less crappy than Nady, that's for sure, but it still left a lot to be desired, at least for me.

I like not having to mess with gain settings on the tx and rx. This is just plug and play. Great tone without even trying.

Comment

I've got the G30 system and have used it in America, Greece, England, and Australia with just a 1Spot and 2 prong plug adapter. Great Stuff!
                  Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

I've been using the G50 for over 2 years now. Great "wired" tone with no drop outs and the TX is sturdy as hell.

Comment

I am STILL amazed at how great the unit sounds. I am getting awesome tone... with a wireless. I would have never figured it....

Comment

I love the unit... the only thing I would suggest is keep around a spare cable that goes from your guitar to the transmitter. That thing is cheap as fuck.

-Nate
                        Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Originally posted by nateb View Post
                          I love the unit... the only thing I would suggest is keep around a spare cable that goes from your guitar to the transmitter. That thing is cheap as fuck.

-Nate
                          That's one reason I went with the G30 over the other units....it uses a regular 1/4" guitar cable.

Comment

Yeah, get your self a nice 3 foot cable. The stock one will crap out on you.
                            Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

I have a little older Line 6 wireless and damn it sounds great too. I have used a bunch of different Nadys and such and I hated them all. Line 6 really got it right
                              H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X