No announcement yet.

Anyone still using the Roland SRV 2000?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone still using the Roland SRV 2000?

A buddy of mine has one in his rack and swears that its still the best sounding reverb out there. I gotta admit that I liked the tones that he was getting but those things are what? 25 years old now?

Would a PCM70 not be miles better than those units?

I do recall that they were very long and heavy and called for support BEHIND the unit as well as getting pretty darn hot too.

Anyone still swear by them after all the new gear out there? I am kind tempted to score a cheap one and play with it.

These days I use an Intellifex Online for reverb and have no real complaints but .....
    Last edited by vklobucar; 01-21-2014, 05:22 AM.

The great thing about old rack units is that you can generally pick them up for less than $100 each and find one you like.

But as with any piece of gear, sound quality is largely based on the skill of the person setting it up (barring those units that just suck ass). The more time you spend tweaking a given effect, as well as how much tweaking can be done (predelay, early relfections, damping, falloff, etc), will decide how good or not good it sounds.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
    X