Just purchased Uberschall pedal, MXR Delay, and Voodoo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just purchased Uberschall pedal, MXR Delay, and Voodoo

I'm gonna lock myself in the dungeon for a couple of days and just go nuts. Might even try boosting the Bogner with 1 of 2 OD's I have and play it through my Mesa mini Rec 25.

You guys have any experience with the Uber or the MXR Delay? Like? Dislike?

The carbon copy is my favorite delay pedal. Love it.. The Ubershall pedal is another thing. I'm interested in how you feel after you play with it. A friend bought one assuming it was a modern high gain "Uberschall in a little box" to get a more modern tone through his Egnater rebel 20 and 1x12. I don't know if it was messed up or what but it was a very classic style gain. Not modern sounding at all. Tweaked it through the amp set completely clean and also as an OD pushing the amp set dirty. Did not at all do as he hoped. Interested to see what you think..
    Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

I think that Uberschall pedal is hard to work with. There is a lot of range in the controls and finding a solid setting is time consuming not to mention you have 2 sets of controls to tweak. The pedal and your amp. You're right about the vintage tone to. The versatility doesn't help this pedal shine by any means but I need to spend more time with it.

Comment

Of the Bogner pedals the Uber is generally considered the weakest one in all the reviews I've read/watched. The low gain Blue gets all the love.
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Yeah I see a lot of players boosting the Uberscall pedal with an OD. I'll have to look into the blue.

Comment

If you want hi gain then the Bogner Red pedal will get you there. The Bogner Blue and Red are both great pedals. I've never tried the Ubershall.

Comment

I'm guessing the Red and Blue pedals are supposed to be from the Ecstasy amp? Assuming that as my XTC module has a red and blue channel..
              Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Yes that's correct they are based on the channels of the XTC amp.

Comment

Yeah the Uber is no go. I just ordered new parts for my Splawn Nitro, new EL34's, and maybe the Uber will jive with it. I have my doubts.

This is what's weird though...I keep pulling pedals out of my chain. Well everything except delay. For whatever reason my guitar straight to amp is sounding really good as of late and that includes my Splawn Nitro and my Mesa.

Am I losing my mind or something? I used to consider quality OD's to be indespensible. What do you guys think?
                  Last edited by ZL1hawk; 01-29-2014, 06:34 AM.

Comment

I got a Carbon Copy a few months ago, and I love it. Best delay pedal i've tried.
                    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Can you run the Carbon Copy in the loop while plugged into a power supply and it actually not make a whole bunch of hiss and noise?
                      Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Originally posted by ZL1hawk View Post
                        This is what's weird though...I keep pulling pedals out of my chain. Well everything except delay. For whatever reason my guitar straight to amp is sounding really good as of late and that includes my Splawn Nitro and my Mesa.
                        I used to be the same way. Always wanted the distortion from pedals. For about the past 10 years its been straight into a Marshall TSL60 with no effects. After a while, any effects just seem extremely processed and doesn't sound or feel as good as the amps natural distortion.

Comment

If your Nitro is at all close to the one modeled in the Axe-Fx 2, it doesn't need any boost from any pedal. You'd really only use distortion on a clean setting for a different character in the break up sound. You would probably get better results from a tone shaping pedal.

Something like a TC spark drive would be good because it has great tone controls and a 3 way switch (fat/clean/mid) for quick character changes. You could set it for a subtle boost, or none at all, and just use it for a pre-eq. And you have the option of exploring the gain apocalypse by diming the gain and volume controls with the amp also cranked.
                          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

The Carbon Copy gives you some of the best delay. It's in my pedal chain.
                            I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamland_Rebel View Post
                              Can you run the Carbon Copy in the loop while plugged into a power supply and it actually not make a whole bunch of hiss and noise?
                              I do. Haven't had a problem with noise at all.
                              Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Working...
                              X