No announcement yet.

thinkin about a new amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if you can find a carvin v3 you may like it. its got great cleans, nice crunch, and can get brutal. midi capable and im pretty sure it does half wattage too. ill have to double check that, but theyre like $500-600 used. I hated my 5150 tho. never played the 6505

Comment

I remember checking into the v3 a while back and thinking it was cool, don't remember a lot about it anymore.

I, as well as most musicians am very finicky, and I change my mind like I change underwear. Lol it just sucks to have to plan a trip to check anything out.

Last trip I did find some things out, went and tried a used am deluxe, the g5, and a few blackstars. didn't really care for any of them much. I did however try the American special, which felt and played amazing, and will most likely be picking one of those up, thinkin I'm gonna wait till memorial day sale and try to talk them into 10-15% discount to spend on a case.

As for the amp, I'm hesitant to order anything that's not pretty cheap without trying it in person, and with everything I've checked out nothing seems to "jump" out to me as something I "have to have". I think that I want something kind of low (sub 20w) wattage so I don't get bitched at constantly because the whole "well your sister is just as loud" argument doesn't work well. Hah

Another plus would be digital reverb, and taking pedals well. I know I said I didn't like the bugeras, but the ones that have stood out the most to me are the bugera v5, the egnater tweaker 15, and rebel 20. The egnaters are dirt cheap used, huge plus, but there's something about the idea of a tiny tube practice amp that is enticing lol
      I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Comment

Isn't the Jet city basically a 20 watt SLO? I got to play a beat to hell JCA20h that sounded good but only $20 less than new I passed cuz it looked like a hack had worked on it.
        It's pronounced soops

Comment

Working...
        X