Nad!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nad!

Picked up a Boogie Mark V. I had a poor man's Mark IV (nomad) back in the day and always wanted to upgrade to the real deal or a Mark V. Finally got the opportunity so I took it. Can't wait to really crank this baby up.

Sweet. I love mine but it took me a long time to understand it, and I'm still discovering new cool tones.

Comment

It takes some tweaking to dail it in, definitely have to have some patience. Also there are some tone setting samples on the grail tone forum.

Comment

That's bad ass! I love project amps (well amps you have to work with to find the sweet sounds).

Comment

I've been playing around with the Tweed mode a lot lately. Sounds great for blues with my ol' strat.

Comment

Congrats! For settings all you have to do is look up the 2 videos made by Mesa with John Petrucci on Youtube explaining his settings. He takes you from nice cleans to searing leads and goes through all 3 channels
            There were some other ones by Haggerty's Music I believe and they showed a lot of different settings including getting into the lower wattage modes.
            Rudy
            www.metalinc.net

Comment

Roodyrocker, right on. Both the Petrucci and the Haggerty's videos have been the starting points for me. The latter were the ones that made realize how to use some of the non-metal modes.

Comment

I also viewed all of the videos before I pulled the trigger and they were helpful. It's really easy to spend more time tweaking than playing. Haggerty's has a lot of videos...stayed up late one night watching them all.

Comment

In stores people twirl knobs on it and can't get a good tone. After watching those videos and starting with those settings the Mark V sounds phenomenal! I like it much better than my Dual Recto.
                  Rudy
                  www.metalinc.net

Comment

I want one.

Comment

Nice pick up! I've had my Mark V for what? 5 or 6 years now. It does everything well. It may not have the best clean ever, or high gain, etc... but it can cover any base, and do it at a very high level. Built like a brick shit house too. IMO one of the greatest amps ever produced.

Comment

Thats really nice no kidding.
                        With all Boogies its a learning curve but once you get the amp dialed in nothing better tone wise.
                        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                        X