No announcement yet.

I heard the greatest sounding amp I have ever heard live

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I heard the quickrod on half power (50 watts) with the master on around 2 and it sounded fantastic and it wasn't ear bleeding loud. Its certainly too loud for an apartment or a bedroom and if that's what you are buying it for I would suggest you kick your own ass for me.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
      I heard the quickrod on half power (50 watts) with the master on around 2 and it sounded fantastic and it wasn't ear bleeding loud. Its certainly too loud for an apartment or a bedroom and if that's what you are buying it for I would suggest you kick your own ass for me.
      So for bedroom-level playing, would I be better off getting the Marshall JVM?
      Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Street Rod? It's 40 watts with a half power switch. My Triple XXX Super 40 sounds great at lower volumes in the house.

Comment

Originally posted by Predator1 View Post
          Street Rod? It's 40 watts with a half power switch. My Triple XXX Super 40 sounds great at lower volumes in the house.
          I have a Triple X original 60 watt combo that sounds great at home too but it really doesn't sound any better than my Fender G-Dec 3 SS modeling combo for home use. I use the Triple X for small gigs. Its a fantastic amp.

Comment

Originally posted by Predator1 View Post
            +1 on the XXX 40. I've got the one with built-in FX. Great little
            amp and the ultra channel really burns...

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
              I had a spawn nitro that had the 50/100 switch. 50 watts was obnoxiously loud at 2. The thing was... yeah it sounded great but, it was like other people said "it off or full blast." I tried a couple of different volume soaks but, they seemed to just eat the tone out of it. I liked it, I liked the look of it, I had no problems selling it. At least my ubershall was controllable and had usable gain at all volumes.

-Nate
              Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Originally posted by nateb View Post
                I had a spawn nitro that had the 50/100 switch. 50 watts was obnoxiously loud at 2. The thing was... yeah it sounded great but, it was like other people said "it off or full blast." I tried a couple of different volume soaks but, they seemed to just eat the tone out of it. I liked it, I liked the look of it, I had no problems selling it. At least my ubershall was controllable and had usable gain at all volumes.

-Nate
                Which attenuators did you try with it? Once you find one that works good, stick with it. I have several amps that require cranking them to get good tone out of them. I'd never avoid a good amp because its loud, I just use my Alex or Faustine Phantom attenuators and all is well again in the sonic world
                Rudy
                www.metalinc.net

Comment

Working...
                X