Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's a Delay shootout and I can't decide on a winner!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's a Delay shootout and I can't decide on a winner!

I'm very happy and attached to my MXR Carbon Copy but a friend talked me in to buying a Maxon AD10 and I can't find a reason to switch back to the Carbon Copy. Have any of you guys tried the Maxon AD10? If so what are your thoughts on it besides the heavy price tag?

Have you tried the Trex Replica ? I've been using mine everyday since 2009 and couldn't be happier.

Comment

I haven't tried either, but I've been thinking of picking up the Carbon Copy, especially since it does have the built-in chorus modulation.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by 87jackson View Post
        Have you tried the Trex Replica ? I've been using mine everyday since 2009 and couldn't be happier.
        Yeah that's one of my guitar teachers favorite pedals. He used to make me mad a lot because when I tried that pedal I sounded like shit but my teacher was too cool for school on that thing. I think that pedal had it out for me.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
          I haven't tried either, but I've been thinking of picking up the Carbon Copy, especially since it does have the built-in chorus modulation.
          toejam if I keep my Maxon, which I probably will I'll sell you the MXR for $50? I've had it for maybe a little over a month and powered it with a Voodoo Labs 2, it's very clean and shows no sign of wear.

If that cooll with you of course. They're like $99 new so you can save yourself a few bucks.

Comment

Sounds good. I just replied to your PM.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I vote for a TC Flashback. Just to be a total anarchist. Plus I own one and have happily gigged with it.
              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                Sounds good. I just replied to your PM.
                Replied back. Do you need my email from paypal or my cell number?

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                I vote for a TC Flashback. Just to be a total anarchist. Plus I own one and have happily gigged with it.
                A G Major 2 or the D Two?

Comment

It's not analog but it 'does' analog in addition to tape and other delay types too.
                  GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                    +1

Plus plays nice with the loop on my RM100 (as long as things don't get too crazy)

I jonesed for a Carbon Copy for a long time. But then heard that it couldn't handle the line level of the Randall loop.
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

That TC doesn't snap back on itself causing a high level of feedback? How do they get all those options to work together smoothly? One reason I got the Maxon was because it will anticipate what the player is doing and have the reverb or delay go along with your playing.

Comment

Working...
                      X