120 wqtt Kafel RED head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 120 wqtt Kafel RED head

Pulled the trigger on this today. I have been doing research on these for sometime but very little info on them. Made in Chicago Ill in 2006. 4 EL 34's and 4 ECC 33's
    Attached Files
    Last edited by straycat; 05-02-2014, 11:33 AM.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Very tasty tones in this head. Very nice clean channel with lots of headroom, the dirty channel goes from crunchy to heavily saturated with the push of the master volume control.Has more gain than I will ever need.
    Kind of a mix of Marshall 800 and Mesa mark V.
    Very simple layout with the controls so dialing in a nice tone is easy.
    The transformers are huge and like none I have ever seen in a guitar amp.
    I have read that these are PTP but haven't pulled the chassis out to see yet.
    The front panel pops off so getting to the tubes is a piece of cake.Nice touch IMO.
    @ yeah its loud as hell.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by straycat; 05-01-2014, 09:55 PM.

Comment

Their logo blows but otherwise it looks killer. What's the little switch on the far right? Channel?
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

That toggle is the channel selector, in the middle it engages the foot switch.
        Takes pedals well thru the loop as far as time based pedals so thats good.
        Ran a B.K. Butler tube overdrive thru the front and on the clean channel it sounds really good.Thru the dirty channel not so much because the amps gain is so strong all on its own.
        Sounds really good thru a Jackson 4X12 16 ohm bottom cab.I will try it thru a Basson 4X12 tomorrow.
        I'm thinking the Basson cab is going to sound better because its a much tighter sounding cab.

Comment

That looks really cool, you don't see a lot of colored chicken head knobs, mostly white or cream. Love those hand wired USA made amps. Sounds like you enjoy the tone so far too.

Seems like you have picked up a few in the last few months. Is there an updated amp room pic?
          Jackson KV2
          Jackson KE1T
          Jackson KE1F
          Jackson SL1

Comment

Still working on the room and will get the cabs stacked soon.
            Attached Files

Comment

That goes real well with red speaker Jackson cabs
              Rudy
              www.metalinc.net

Comment

Kinda looks cool with that cab I agree.
                Spent some time and really dialed in some meaty tones today.A customer came over and ripped on it for 30 min or so and said it reminded him of a buddies older Bad Cat.
                Never heard a Bad Cat so IDK for sure.
                Great sounding amp either way deff not a one trick pony.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                  Kinda looks cool with that cab I agree.
                  Spent some time and really dialed in some meaty tones today.A customer came over and ripped on it for 30 min or so and said it reminded him of a buddies older Bad Cat.
                  Never heard a Bad Cat so IDK for sure.
                  Great sounding amp either way deff not a one trick pony.
                  Depends which Bad Cat he was talking about but they are high end amps that sound great. I have a Bad Cat Hot Cat 30 combo amp and a Bad Cat Hot Cat 30R 1/2 stack. Great sounding on both channels, clean and distortion. Bad Cat also provides a foot switch with these amps that let's you switch between channels or even run them both simultaneously! If your amp sounds like a Bad Cat that's a good thing
                  Rudy
                  www.metalinc.net

Comment

I'll have to take his word for it he played in a band with the guy that had the Bad Cat so if he says so I believe him.

Comment

That looks really cool. Nice one!
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                      X