super custom NAD lol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• super custom NAD lol

My brother called me and said one of his friends had a "guitar amp thing" for sale for cheap. I told him to ask what it was and he said it was a peavey vypyr 15. I said, I'll give him 20 bucks for it. Guy says sure so I pick my brother up and go by his house and this is what he has.

I say, I don't think I feel comfortable giving actual money for this, he says "I understand that, it's cool, you can have it" took it home, took it off the box and it works well, sounds as good as can be expected for the speaker not being in a cab. Now it's time to get creative building somethin to house this. Suggestions?
    I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

That thing must have sick bass response with that dual ported design.
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

SGC Super Ghetto Custom!!!!

Comment

Well, my brother explained to me the back story. Someone gave it to him like that, he thought it was like an audio interface and he thought he had something good, just ghetto rigged to a speaker. I guess he was using it to "practice rapping" through. My brother said he's dirt poor, has a shit mom who's strung out on dope, all that. Now I kinda feel bad about taking it. I mean, I don't NEED it, and he prob can't afford to buy anything else.

Edit: brought it back by there, tried to give it back to him in a non pitty sounding way but he said it was cool and that didn't need it and that he really didn't even know what the knobs were for. so my conscious feels a little better
        Last edited by TKEblue; 05-05-2014, 04:08 PM.

Comment

Probably stolen at some point.

Comment

That wouldn't surprise me. I did dig up an old 2x8 truck box that has a divider between the holes so I ran some wire and put the speaker in it. Been playin on it about the last hour or so. Doesn't sound too bad, a little too complicated for me personally, I like straight forward stuff. Lol but for clean I kinda dig the fender deluxe model or whatever. Red channel Jsx xxx and diezel are ok, too much mid, tried to scooping but lost the punch with it. Will take time to fiddle and figure it out

Comment

I'm sure you will figure out something to do with it.
              Find an old junk antique chair side radio from the 30's with the guts burned out of it.
              Mount the chassis in the back so you don't see it or cut out the front and mount it in there either way much better than trashing it.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by straycat; 05-05-2014, 07:40 PM.
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

That looks pretty nice. I have most of the tools to build a cabinet, just donno when I would find time to do it so something like that may be a better option. You've got all the cool stuff straycat

Comment

I paid $30.00 for the old 1934 Coronado radio and have fixed up the cabinet scratches.
                  I won't do anything to it because it still works just fine.I do need to put a grounded power cord on it but thats it.
                  Lots of options like buying a small SKB rack case and mount the chassis in that and use a 4X12 cab with it.
                  Maybe build a Marshall esque cab for it.
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Hey! Don't post that beauty without a price. lol
                    Last edited by tomanyjacksons; 05-06-2014, 06:44 PM.
                    I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Working...
                    X