Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

General feeling about high gain amps and tone...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General feeling about high gain amps and tone...

I can make just about anything sound good. Just sayin...

I have no doubt about that with your level of experience and musician skills, as with many pro players, but do you ever find yourself chasing a tone that you can't seem to squeeze out of your current rig?
    Jackson KV2
    Jackson KE1T
    Jackson KE1F
    Jackson SL1

Comment

I don't know the last time I played an amp of that variety that was unusable. I do like some more than others, but generally I could be happy with just about any, atleast in a pinch
      Out Of Ideas

Comment

Same here. I've learned over the years how to set the EQ, add warmth, dial out harshness, etc....
        Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

I'm very fussy about amps. I grew up on Fender Twins , Bassman 10's and Marshall Stacks. Today my amp has to have a clean channel like a Fender Twin yet bite like a Mesa Boogie or a Peavy 5150. I need high gain crunch with clarity and tight bottom end. It has a express what I feel , if it doesn't it gets turned off or moved to the curb.

I also find myself very fussy about guitars. They have to feel right, sound right or I don't want to play.

Comment

Originally posted by mantis View Post
            I'm very fussy about amps. I grew up on Fender Twins , Bassman 10's and Marshall Stacks. Today my amp has to have a clean channel like a Fender Twin yet bite like a Mesa Boogie or a Peavy 5150. I need high gain crunch with clarity and tight bottom end. It has a express what I feel , if it doesn't it gets turned off or moved to the curb.

I also find myself very fussy about guitars. They have to feel right, sound right or I don't want to play.

I am not even fussy in regards to guitars. As long as it has 6 strings and it stays in tune I am good. Scale length doesn't bother me, fret size, amount of frets, neck profile etc.. The only thing that I need to adjust is the guitar strap. I don't like the guitar sitting really low. Thats it.

Comment

Originally posted by Larz View Post
              I have no doubt about that with your level of experience and musician skills, as with many pro players, but do you ever find yourself chasing a tone that you can't seem to squeeze out of your current rig?
              Nope. As long as the amp has enough gain and it has bass, middle and treble controls I am good.

Comment

I'm with you John. I could probably even make a Genz Benz El Diablo sound decent.
                Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I can play the shit out of a CD. Make it sound just like they intended it to. Other than that... Hey at least I have fun
                  I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Comment

Working...
                  X