Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

6505+ 112 prices are stupid in Australia!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6505+ 112 prices are stupid in Australia!

Brand new its $1300 from Allans, $1000 from Dream Music i think is their name? And $900 at other places.

For $1000 you can buy a used 6505+ 120w HEAD! Or a 6505 head for $800!

The pricing makes no sensewhen its cheaper to buy the used American made head!

Gear prices are so frustrating here!

I have even seen 6505 212 used amps for $900-1000 here!
    USA Jackson RR1
    Charvel Model 6
    Jackson Performer-2
    Orange Dark Terror
    EVH 5150 LBX
    Hello Senòr

Sounds frustrating. What do you normally use?

Comment

Im running a Dark Terror but eventually i wanna add a 6505 but it sounds like it'll be cheaper and easier to get the USA head than the Chinese combo.
      USA Jackson RR1
      Charvel Model 6
      Jackson Performer-2
      Orange Dark Terror
      EVH 5150 LBX
      Hello Senòr

Comment

it's cheaper to buy used gear than new gear? Crazy!
        Hail yesterday

Comment

No my point was its cheaper to buy a Used 120w american head than a new chinese 60w combo
          USA Jackson RR1
          Charvel Model 6
          Jackson Performer-2
          Orange Dark Terror
          EVH 5150 LBX
          Hello Senòr

Comment

secondhand Laney heads made in England can often be found for less than a brand new Laney combo made in China. Why does this surprise you?
            Hail yesterday

Comment

Thats nice for you but has nothing to do with what I am talking about. The 6505+ head RRP is $2500 the instant it becomes 2nd hand its value drops to $1000! Making it not worth buying a 6505+ 112 for $1300.
              USA Jackson RR1
              Charvel Model 6
              Jackson Performer-2
              Orange Dark Terror
              EVH 5150 LBX
              Hello Senòr

Comment

I think it exactly matches what you are talking about. A secondhand head from country of origin is less than a brand new combo made in Asia.

why does the depreciation of the head make the combo not worth buying? If you want 60 watts and not 120, would prefer a combo to a head, or don't currently have a cab & could use a speaker, the combo could be just the ticket. If you just have to buy new, then you save $1200 buying the combo instead of the head. Or save $1600, if you pick up the combo from "other places". If you don't mind secondhand, why not look at the secondhand prices of the combo too?

Or you can spend all day arguing that it's not worth buying a brand new compact hatchback when you could buy a larger & much more powerful used family sedan for less. Why would you buy a brand new thing that perfectly suits your purpose when you could buy a secondhand thing that doesn't for less?
                Hail yesterday

Comment

I feel your pain man, I had a hell of a time finding a 6505+ 112 combo here in China, and there fugging made here! Keep your eyes open, you’ll get one
                  Gear https://images.imgbox.com/e4/00/IxQywXkV_o.jpg

Comment

Working...
                  X