Nad/ngd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nad/ngd

I dont get to do this too much but im happy to say it was a NAD/NGD for me this saturday.. Unfortunately.. I was running a fever and had to have a bit of assistance walking .. but I was not going to miss the day I had waited on for 2 months... after picking them up.and getting home.. I crashed and actually got up around 10pm.. smoked something and started messing with the guitar

A Randall RH 200 and a korean squire strat..
    the amp sound great clean but meh on the other 2 channels.. I havent really had a chance to mess with it much as of yet either but I still think my RG's red channel is just more.. well more

any of ya have a footswitch or a diagram so i can make one..? even a clean shot of the guts of a footswitch might help me out.. Was hoping to find some documentation like I found for the RG 100 but have had no luck in my search

Now the squire strat is interesting in that its serial number doesnt match anything on the fenders site.. But i suspect it is a 1994 made in korea squire.. I just bought it because i loved the vintage cream color with a maple fretboard.. EVERYTHING will be changed .. especially them damn tuners and the nut.. Kind of a project guitar.. Originally i was going to put a humbucker in the bridge, but im going o keep it all single coils.. serial number is NK418138.. Plays good but i hd some issues with the 3rd string properly intonating.. I gave it a temp fix and will suffice until a professional solution is able to be done.. overall the neck plays really nice and i like it more that I thought I would..

this stuff isnt as near as awesome as some of the stuff I see ya post but its a rare day indeed that I get to add any new gear to my collection.. poor.. low paying job.. disabilities.. ect
    GEAR:
    #1 2001 MIJ Jackson DK-2 (IG Smoke Stack II,IG Pig Iron & 79' Gibson T-Top)
    #2 1995 MIK modded Fender squire (IG Rollings Mills,SD SC-101, IG Iron Slag)

#3 2001 MIK Squier Stagemaster Deluxe[Fender TripleBucker]
    #4 2007 MIJ DKMG/DXMG Jackson (IG VOLTS)
    #5 1985 MIA Gibson SG Special (EMG 85 & H)
    #6 1999 MIK ESP LTD M107
    AMPS:
    1989 Randall RG 100 ES;Randall RH 200;Peavey 412 ms;two Early 70's Woodson 212's
    ART SGX 2000 w/x15 ultrafoot;ART MutiVerb

Congrats on your gear!!! Digging the color on the strat!!! Love how the pick-ups, knobs and body all seem to match and the pickguard compliments it well.
    I like black and white guitars

Comment

New Gear Day is always a good day. Agree with walshula on the strat - classic colour. When my boy was interested in picking up guitar, his fancy was a creme strat with a mint pickguard. Great look.
      Hail yesterday

Comment

That Strat screams Malmsteen Congrats on both the Randall and the Strat!
        Last edited by roodyrocker; 06-05-2014, 07:04 AM.
        Rudy
        www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
          That Strat screams Malmsteen Congrats on both the Randall and the Srrat!

+1 - its worth it just for that lol
          -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

Comment

Ah, if this would have been last week, I could have helped! I just traded off my Randall RH200 and the associated foot switch!

Comment

Thx for the comments about the strat all..Yea.. when I saw it on the wall.. I had to have it. that color seems to be relatively uncommon for used squires. All the used squires I see are those deep solid color that almost look like plastic. The 1st thing I thought of was.. hey malmsteen like guitar. I just think vintage cream color with maple fretboard looks sexy..

IMO I paid a tad to much for the guitar, considering it was in less than stellar condition, but I wanted it. I paid 99+tax. It wasn't too bad since I put it in lay-a-away for $10 and paid 25 a month for 2 months and paid the remaining balance 2 weeks after I made the last payment.. So 2.5 months or so

The nut needs to be changed and I definitely need better tuners.. The stock ones gotta go. The pickplate will be changed and ill change all the knobs/pickup covers but keep the same color.. Im not sure about the pickplate color.. several options..Ill take my time and weigh each option carefully. The finished guitar has to look "right". As for the pickups.. Im either thinking some YJM pickups or similar and come up with a special wiring for the guitar, to give me alot of tonal options.. I have a few ideas but nothing definite. The only thing that kinda bothers me is the bridge. Not alot of options on that front

Overall.. The neck plays really well and am rather surprised at it.. the guitar doesnt stay in tune as well as my jackson by any stretch of the imagination but this is no surprise.. Hopefully with new tuners and a higher quality nut will help. As I said ,I fixed the nut temporarily.. The nut on the G string had a deep grove that allowed the string to touch the headstock. The end result was, the string would not intonate. A temp fix was to take a small piece of masking tape, fold it and put in the slot. Seems to work really well actually and stays in tune ok

The guitar has possibilities to become a really solid player.. Been really playing alot of blues here lately and really wanted a "blues" guitar. The dinky does this great and sounds awesome at it BUT i was going for the look as well..Ive been really digging robert cray atm and he plays a strat

as for the RH 200.. Sucks I cant find much documentation on a footswitch as I could make one with out too much problem.. Its a kool amp to have though.. will give me something to tinker with. My next amp will be tube though and my next guitar will be a custom guitar.. no custom shop stuff but made by an individual to my specs. I would like even the pickups to be made to my specs. Its taken me many years but I think I know what I like and dont like

when i was 24 or so and had only been playing 6 years.. I owned a fender strat,gibson les paul & sg and a kramer focus and a striker.. and 2 tube heads and a ss head.. a ampeg v4,a laney, and the RG 100...I DID NOT know wtf i had in my possession and it showed.. total facepalm.. I sure wish i could go back in time and kick my own ass.. I mean really pummel some sense into me lol.. all bought with money I earned.. grandmother bought me my 1st 2 or 3 guitars.. I wish I had my very first guitar.. a DAION MARK XX.. a Japanese neck-thru body guitar.. again.. i had no idea what I had as that was a hellafied guitar ( didnt know it at the time).. Im the most lucky unlucky person I know when it comes to gear I think
              Last edited by Brandenburg; 06-04-2014, 06:11 PM.
              GEAR:
              #1 2001 MIJ Jackson DK-2 (IG Smoke Stack II,IG Pig Iron & 79' Gibson T-Top)
              #2 1995 MIK modded Fender squire (IG Rollings Mills,SD SC-101, IG Iron Slag)

#3 2001 MIK Squier Stagemaster Deluxe[Fender TripleBucker]
              #4 2007 MIJ DKMG/DXMG Jackson (IG VOLTS)
              #5 1985 MIA Gibson SG Special (EMG 85 & H)
              #6 1999 MIK ESP LTD M107
              AMPS:
              1989 Randall RG 100 ES;Randall RH 200;Peavey 412 ms;two Early 70's Woodson 212's
              ART SGX 2000 w/x15 ultrafoot;ART MutiVerb

Comment

Working...
              X