My new practice rig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new practice rig

For the past few years I've used a Line 6 Spider IV 30 watter at home to practice with. It's served its purpose well, and I'll continue to recommend it as a practice amp.

But, I had a bug up my ass, so I have replaced it.

That's the new Peavey Valveking II Micro. Switchable 20/5/1 watt(s), all tube. Hands down the best lunchbox I've played, and save for the mini recto, I've played them all. I do dig the Orange Dark Terror quite a bit, but the Peavey has more nuts, and is over $200 less.

The Mesa 112 is pretty nice too.
    "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

cool! I saw one of those the other day, but didn't try it. what does it have for power tubes?
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

EL84s. I'll add that it does sound best at 20 watts. As you go down in power, the bottom end disappears.
      "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

EL84's are the best when you are looking for total tube saturation. The trade off is bottom end. No matter what you do, what cabinet or speakers you use.. you won't have any bottom.

Comment

At 20 watts, with the Mesa cab, there's plenty of bottom.

Comment

Working...
          X