Mesa Single Rectifier Solo Series 2 effects loop mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa Single Rectifier Solo Series 2 effects loop mod

The parallel loop on these amps SUCKS. The reason is simple. The control goes from 10% to 90% and believe you me.. that 10% makes a HUGE difference if you run any effects in the loop. Because of this.. there is a mod to turn it into a serial loop. I finally did it last night after years of not using the loop or using effects that have kill/dry features on them. It took me 10 minutes and that included taking the chassis out of the case. Unsolder the right wire on the mix control and tape it off. Unsolder the left wire on the mix control and solder it to the middle wire on the mix control.
    Now that the amp now has a serial loop, its WAY more user friendly for stomp boxes and processors like the G-Major.

Just wanted to pass this along.

For the record.. the new Single Rectifiers have a serial loop. Mesa got the message.

Comment

Which new Single Rectifiers are you referring to? The Series 2 Single Rectifier is the last Single that was in production as far as I knew. Mesa doesn't current make a Single Rectifier. The new Multi-watt Duals and Triples have serial loops.

Comment

I guess I was confused... yea.. its not Singles. Its the new duals and triples.

Comment

I saw your post and I was hopeful they had brought back the Single Recto. I had one years ago and have been looking to get one again. If they had released new ones with better FX loops that would have been very tempting.

Comment

Originally posted by Electric View Post
            I saw your post and I was hopeful they had brought back the Single Recto. I had one years ago and have been looking to get one again. If they had released new ones with better FX loops that would have been very tempting.
            Buy a Solo Series 2 and spend literally 5 minutes inside of it with no special tools and you can turn the crap parallel loop into a serial. It literally takes 4 minutes total. 4 screws to remove the chassis, 2 snips of some wires (that are completely exposed) and connecting 2 wires together.

Comment

Just out of curiosity, does doing the mod you described cause the solo boost not to work? I've read that modding the parallel loop to serial basically disables the solo boost functionality. The threads I was reading were about the dual and triple Rectos though, so I was curious if the same is true for the Single.

Comment

Working...
              X