Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boss sy-300

Anyone see the YouTube video for this?
    perhaps the gk pickup's days are numbered...
    Power chords...what more do you need?!

interesting...it is analog synth modeling for electric guitar. fantastic if you want TRUE synth sounds built on LFOs and filters....cruddy if you want to play MIDI sounds like in a sound module - you'd still need the GK or other MIDI pickup to convert string vibrations to MIDI signals.
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I'm guessing this is similar technology to how the Rocksmith game tracks pitches?

Eh, I'm an analog synth snob. "Virtual analog" usually sounds either flat or overprocessed to me. That said, maybe guitar expression be just the thing to bring it to life.

Comment

Could be....

As far as "virtual analog" - I have never had my hands on a vintage synth, but I do really enjoy my Korg MicroKorg and my Alesis Micron. They give me some wicked sounds that remind me of the 70s....kinda like the SY-300.
        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X