No announcement yet.

Marshall DSL 40c/ Celestion Creamback ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall DSL 40c/ Celestion Creamback ?

Anybody own one of these? I'm thinking of getting one to replace my Peavey Triple XXX super 40 but no stores around me have one. Has anybody here played one?

Buddy of mine put one in his combo and loves it. Says its like a Greenback, but with a bit more power handling, and doesn't break up as quickly.

Comment

Do you mean the DSL40CST? I bought one about a week ago and it's ridiculous. My only complaint is that the footswitch won't change between Clean or Crunch, or Lead 1 to Lead 2. Just between the Classic Gain (Clean/Crunch) channel and the Ultra Gain (Lead1/Lead2) channel, if that makes sense.

Comment

How is it at lower volumes.

Comment

Sounds perfectly fine to me. You can run it in 40W or 20W mode, 20W is working well for me at lower volume levels. That being said, even in 20W mode this thing can and will get LOUD if you want it to. More importantly I've found it really easy to dial in a great tone; I was previously using a lot of pedals for EQ and distortion but have yet to want to plug a single one into this thing. Might plug my CS-2 into it tomorrow and see what transpires but that's about it for now.

Comment

I have been waiting for Marshall to put out a head version of the DSL 40C but I may fold and pick up the DSL 40CST.

Comment

They've got a DSL15H and DSL100H head, the DSL100H is basically the DSL40 with more power.

Comment

Working...
              X