Axe FX II guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axe FX II guys

I've had mine for a couple weeks. I have been dialing in sounds I like a lot. I have been dialing them in with a mix, but my main question is, now I am going to practice and how well are you able to get your sound dialed in at home to playing with a band. Running a mix through the monitors is one thing. Also I am not going to have axe edit with me and using the front panel isn't much fun. Any suggestions?
    I keep the bible in a pool of blood
    So that none of its lies can affect me

During a practice session I wouldn't imagine you'd need to do much more than some fine tuning. I'd think the front panel knobs would suffice for that. You can also fine tune using the MFC-101, but that's even more difficult than the front panel.

Comment

welcome to the fractal club! Normally a little eq and patch volume adjustment is all I have to change from house to gig(but I use pa speakers at home instead of studio monitors). after a few times you will have a pretty good idea of the sound difference from one to the other and you wont have any trouble. The front panel really isn't that hard to use, I know its tuff but spend a few minutes with it at home. You never know when something could get out of wack and you don't want to learn the front panel use with a crowd of people that want to hear music watching.

Comment

I am using atomic wedges at home but I have been tweaking with my monitors to try to get a good mix sound. It sounds good through the atomic a (although I will only be bringing one to practice). The singer/guitar player has guitar player syndrome though of turning up way too loud. That is my only real worry. If this was a regular band I would buy him some iem's for Christmas.

Comment

I also have no desire to tweak using the MFC! I am just hoping I have it dialed in well enough I don't have to fuck around too much.

Comment

My stuff translates over pretty well. My home monitors are only 5" drivers and the highs are pretty subdued so sometimes I'll need to cut some bass and treble when using my live monitor. But once I started adding 85Hz Low cut and 15KHz high cut in the cab block it's been much less of an issue.

Very occasionally I'll cut some highs and/or lows using the global EQ, but it depends on the room. I set my preset levels using the Utility/VU page. I set the output volume in the amp block so that the VU is just bumping the line. Then for solo boosts I add +6 dB at the output block using scenes. (I usually have a delay and boost/od/dist also kicking in at the scene change.)

Really I treat it like a real amp. Just learn how to get to the B/M/T controls on the front panel and then just tweak it for the room like you would a real amp.

(Hint : Press Layout, use cursor buttons to get to the amp block and then hit Edit. At this point the B/C/D knobs are used for adjusting Bass/Mid/Treble)
            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Excellent. Thanks for the input. I am pretty excited to use this in a band situation finally.

Comment

let me know what you think
                I tried mine with the CLR and my band mates hated it, so I went back to using my JVM with the Axe in 4cm....they seem to like that a lot better as do I.
                If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

I liked my Axe thru a CLR; I LOVE it thru my ISP Stealth power amp and Marshal 425A cab.

Comment

Working...
                  X