NGD- Tc Flashback. ?'s...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD- Tc Flashback. ?'s...

Long story short, got asked to join a hairband and I needed to replenish my gear. I picked up a Bad Horsie 2 per your recommendations (a long time ago) and I received a Tc Flashback Delay in the mail today. I've been monkeying around with it and I can't seem to find the sound I'm looking for. For years I've always heard, "just a touch of delay" when it comes to making solos sound better (and hiding mistakes). Any suggestions? Also, any opinions on the MXR EVH Flanger, or should I save a hundred bucks and just get the plain one?
    I still keep practicing though.... Mostly because I hate my neighbors.-MakeAJazzNoiseHere

TC delays are nice I have one and set mine on the EVO setting on my TC transition delay.
    Adjust your FX control to where it sounds good to you and tweak the delay time and feedback and you are done.
    I do like to set my delay pedal under a good amount of amp volume so you know what to expect when you crank it at a gig.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Try ana mode for a warmer delay sound or 2290 mode for a cleaner delay.

As far as the Flanger, according to the latest GW magazine, Ed uses his with EVH mode off, so you can probably get by fine with the base model. I prefer the Ibanez AF-2 Paul Gilbert model with it's crazy "Takeoff" mode.
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Thanks, I'll check out the AF-2, didn't even know about it.
        I still keep practicing though.... Mostly because I hate my neighbors.-MakeAJazzNoiseHere

Comment

I think my next delay will be a Flashback but I'm on the fence whether I get the original or the x4. I too am always looking for delay settings for artists or songs. I end up on youtube, lost in a variety of videos unrelated to my intent.

Comment

Working...
          X