No announcement yet.

Bill Z Bub 3:AM bedroom rig = 100 bucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

really like those San Dimas Charvels you have..
    shawnlutz.com

Comment

Nice, I'd love a nice solid Koa guitar some day.
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
        really like those San Dimas Charvels you have..
        Thanks Shawn !! Yes the Koa SD-1 is my very favorite player from day one. I think you would LOVE the Peavey Wolfgang simply by the way it feels and sounds thru ANY amp. The neck is a bit fat, but you can adapt to it quickly. The Vintage yellow USA FRC Strat is my #2 geetar. I NEVER..EVER...EVER play the SD-III, it's smells and looks like the day I ordered it. All the case candy and reciept inside. I'm like Nigel with a couple guitars...they can never be played..ever.

The other guitar I never play is the '95/96 RR1 , I would like to know what it is actually. I was with a freind when he bought it, and knew I wanted it. He sold it to me when getting a divorce, about 12 year ago. It absolutely mint..not a nick, ding, or smudge on all three points...which is almost impossible with these pointys. Trouble is I can't play the damn thing sitting down. I know Randy designed to be played sitting down. The bottom tucked under your leg/knee. But Fuggit. I'm a old school Strat kinda guy. Gibby LPs are great too but not SGs. I wanted to buy an awesome SG. But my hand gets caught in the bottom cut. I'm glad I got a cheapy to know I can't buy a real one. My hands are kinda large. I've seen much bigger people playing SGs. It's just the way I play..the angle..tapping..ect.

I always LOVED arpeggios, classical music..but play them kinda like Uli and Marty do. Never sweeping like Yngwie. I tried to learn that 30 years ago...not my thing. I cultivated my own style on bass that I never could play on guitars..till now. I had to learn on the clean channel. Took me a year to get it right. For better or worse, I never saw anyone play like me. I always keep that in practice..that's what my wife recorded.

OH BTW..By the serial # on the RR1 it's posted. Does anyone KNOW what it is. I'm never really that anal bout that stuff, but its nice to know what you have. I LOVE the paint job. The lightning actually looks like lightning...from a distance.

Love,

Billz
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Looks like 97 Lightning Sky

Comment

Drew Koa is AWESOME tone, at least for this guitar, and others we may own and played. But the Koa on this SD-1 is very soft. If I wasn't OCD with my things...it prolly would be FUBARd by now. It can srcatch very easily ..just by a fingernail..and picks of course.

It's in great shape considering how much I've played it. It plays itself. Didn't you have a Koa or natural strat?
            Maybe Mahagony. The SD-III is the most HEAVY guitar by far. It's Walnut with Maple top...damn it's pretty heavy.

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

My Strat is alder with a flame maple veneer.
              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                My Strat is alder with a flame maple veneer.
                Oh...yeah...I love that one!!

Drew..dude..Go on Valerie's Facebook (friend), or Shawn, Tetsuo, and post my silly late night vids here. She tried all night to get them here. If you can't hear a note what good is any of this..??

I wanted to share Vinny's playing too on his Jackson or Epi SG..he don't know how either..duh!

Comment

Originally posted by Catharpin View Post
                  Looks like 97 Lightning Sky
                  Are you sure, I posted the serial#. Yes, It could be '97..no later tho. A freind was going thru divorce stages. Buying it was the earliest stage.

Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                  X