No announcement yet.

That moment you know,...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, when walking out in the normal world, I find I could use a safe space of my own:

"Hello"

"Hi, How can I help you?"

"I would like a coffee"

"Well of course, ...what kind?"

"...what do you mean "What Kind" I said a coffee"

"Yes, but we have [Insert list of faggy designer named shitjuice, which one would probably find at a mortuary with a big skull plastered on the bottle]"

"uhm,... I'd like the kind that goes 'drip, drip' from the top in a filter then drips out below in a pot,... do you have that, or is it all pressure cooked catshit with foam on top and a cocoapowdered 'my little pony' embossed in it?"

"Sorry sir? I don't get it"

"well, I guess the same for the coffee I wanted, seems I'm not getting it either"

...really
    Nuke the site from orbit, it's the only way to be sure
    "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Originally posted by Tetsuo View Post
      Actually I don't think it has anything to do with PC people just want to go out and drink. Too many entertainment options these days so love music doesn't hold the same sacred thrill it once did people want to be able to conversate at a bar which has actually has become a rare commodity. It's really sad.
      Dude, I did that ALL night in spades last night. It seemed like a complete time warp, mindfuck. I didn't want to go really, but haven't seen my singer bud or took the wife out. ..so. I'm GLAD I did. I picked up excacly where I left off. I've been out of the loop for some time with domestic life. My son is moving out this month, and It's time for me to pursue my goals as well. I never lost that hunger/fire. All the good players locally mostly in Ripper Owens's camp were too busy to play with me. Managed by Wendy Dio and all..it is what it is. Now they're and wanting to hook up/jam/need lead player ..ect. They have ALL the connections to awesome studios.

Things didn't change that much. They place was packed last night. NO smoking which is PEACHY in my book. The PA/ sound men have advanced equip it seems. Because the shows, no matter the venue has great to decent sound. That wasn't the case 10+ years ago. I remember going to to see my favorite guitarists/bands from all over the globe. Have AMAZING amps, and the guitars were non exist. Now I can hear smaller amps in spades. I'm ignorant to the tech side of things, but it's obvious that things did advance. That's why I ALWAYS went to shows. I'm right up front and personal, not some bar rat hitting on bar rags. You can always go to a bar and chat...and pick up a bar rag..or two...or three. If you have the gift.

I think the collective nature of people has improved at shows. No longer do I feel that tense rage that provokes a piercing or eye removal. I'm MUCH more relaxed now, and it's not my age. I still see people as I always do..STUPID! Suffer The Children..

Better sound, NO SMOKING (smoker for 15 years, 21 years ago) , people enjoying themselves with little to no hassle. In the eyes of a musician and CYNICAL, retired, Cleveland cop. It's the very reason why I can tolerate, and ENJOY shows again. I woudn't take my fragile 90lb wife to a lion's den. My presence never hurt. I'm extremely nice, and really want to be..or not.
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by Nightbat View Post
        ...Mini Amps are NOT Rock 'n Roll

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

OH, Yeah the monitors are shitons louder. Most band members wear ear plugs these days. They never used to, and I know they're deaf as I am. If you're half deaf..you have natural ear plugs..

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
            Dude, I did that ALL night in spades last night. It seemed like a complete time warp, mindfuck. I didn't want to go really, but haven't seen my singer bud or took the wife out. ..so. I'm GLAD I did. I picked up excacly where I left off. I've been out of the loop for some time with domestic life. My son is moving out this month, and It's time for me to pursue my goals as well. I never lost that hunger/fire. All the good players locally mostly in Ripper Owens's camp were too busy to play with me. Managed by Wendy Dio and all..it is what it is. Now they're and wanting to hook up/jam/need lead player ..ect. They have ALL the connections to awesome studios.

Things didn't change that much. They place was packed last night. NO smoking which is PEACHY in my book. The PA/ sound men have advanced equip it seems. Because the shows, no matter the venue has great to decent sound. That wasn't the case 10+ years ago. I remember going to to see my favorite guitarists/bands from all over the globe. Have AMAZING amps, and the guitars were non exist. Now I can hear smaller amps in spades. I'm ignorant to the tech side of things, but it's obvious that things did advance. That's why I ALWAYS went to shows. I'm right up front and personal, not some bar rat hitting on bar rags. You can always go to a bar and chat...and pick up a bar rag..or two...or three. If you have the gift.

I think the collective nature of people has improved at shows. No longer do I feel that tense rage that provokes a piercing or eye removal. I'm MUCH more relaxed now, and it's not my age. I still see people as I always do..STUPID! Suffer The Children..

Better sound, NO SMOKING (smoker for 15 years, 21 years ago) , people enjoying themselves with little to no hassle. In the eyes of a musician and CYNICAL, retired, Cleveland cop. It's the very reason why I can tolerate, and ENJOY shows again. I woudn't take my fragile 90lb wife to a lion's den. My presence never hurt. I'm extremely nice, and really want to be..or not.
            Going to a place that is a venue is still good but playing in a local bar you have to turn the fuck down.

As far as ear plugs I wish I had wore them. My old man has major degenerative hearing from WWII and I have such hearing loss. My kids have to wear ear plugs because I want them to be good musicians and be able to hear clearly unlike me
            I keep the bible in a pool of blood
            So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

On the note of ear plugs...

I'm 25, have ruptured my right ear drum twice and have tinnitus in both ears. If I had just worn fucking ear plugs, I wouldn't be where I am dealing with being damn near deaf.

Most guys my age don't get it yet. But they will. And hindsight is a real motherfucker once you realize what you lost will never come back.

Comment

I don't know how I got on the job really. I must have squeaked by on the hearing test. Because my partners ..while laughing, had to repeat EVERYTHING the dispatcher said. "Huh...repeat that radio...wha?"..what she say..? FUCK!

My dad just bought expensive hearing aids...we did alot of shooting together. He taught me to shoot with a 6" 629. I was hooked since then. Don't shoot much these days...because of arthritis/swelling of my hands. You think hearing loss is depressing..yes!! Not being able to play your guitar is MUCH worse.. I rather chop off my junk.

Dave, and anyone else that led a very physical life, or if arthritis runs in your family. Be careful with your hands. I'm VERY serious. There is nothing worse than not being able to play all the music you hear inside your head. ALWAYS protect your hands..you'll want them later in life. Don't take that for granted like I did.

I can NOT feel the strings at all. NO feeling of my left hand due to a glorious cervical injury. Now my fingers are bending inward due to arthristis..it's fantastic! Years of self-taught, goofy bass playing payed off..using my right hand to adapt.

Life is a chowl of berries..fuggums. Where's my geetar!

Comment

Are we talking about ear plugs or ear buds.

Comment

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post
                    Are we talking about ear plugs or ear buds.

I believe it was ear plugs because the conversation was about it being too loud, not IEM's but inner ear monitors are a great idea too.

Comment

Originally posted by DRM View Post
                      On the note of ear plugs...

I'm 25, have ruptured my right ear drum twice and have tinnitus in both ears. If I had just worn fucking ear plugs, I wouldn't be where I am dealing with being damn near deaf.

Most guys my age don't get it yet. But they will. And hindsight is a real motherfucker once you realize what you lost will never come back.

Yeah that's why my kids are going to be forced to wear ear plugs. My 10 year old is way too talented of a bassist to have her ears fucked up. Yeah that tough guy routine fucked my ears up and I have not the best hearing to begin with. In midlife I wish I was so much smarter with my body my tough guy bullshit has me with no cartilage in my knee and a torn rotator cuff and boy that shit doesn't get to feeling any better as you age.

Comment

Originally posted by Tetsuo View Post
                        Yeah that's why my kids are going to be forced to wear ear plugs. My 10 year old is way too talented of a bassist to have her ears fucked up. Yeah that tough guy routine fucked my ears up and I have not the best hearing to begin with. In midlife I wish I was so much smarter with my body my tough guy bullshit has me with no cartilage in my knee and a torn rotator cuff and boy that shit doesn't get to feeling any better as you age.
                        Exactly...do you have hand/finger problems too Tetsuo..??

NOTHING gets better when you age. Someone must have screwed up describing the color of "The Golden Years"..unless its pee. More like "The Rusted Years"..just add a shade of red.

Comment

I see by the time we geezers live in the same elderly home, at least my deafness will save me from your whining
                          "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                            Exactly...do you have hand/finger problems too Tetsuo..??

NOTHING gets better when you age. Someone must have screwed up describing the color of "The Golden Years"..unless its pee. More like "The Rusted Years"..just add a shade of red.

Oh yeah stupid tough guy shit I broke my hands from fights and just let them heal. Only pussies go to the doctor. As you age you don't really hurt yourself further you just slow down from all your old stupidity lol. I never understood it until I aged. That fight you bounced back from 20 years ago is what creeps up on me in the rain now.

Comment

Originally posted by Nightbat View Post
                              I see by the time we geezers live in the same elderly home, at least my deafness will save me from your whining
                              Absolutely. And I talk a good game but I still haven't learned a damn thing I still haul hear like I won't get hurt and still go with no ear plugs. I just get at home and shake my head like you are one dumb fuck aren't you. Yes I am!

Comment

Working...
                              X