Analogue delay – what do I want

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Analogue delay – what do I want

Im after something to fatten up my sound from my Charvel (abvs) model 2 with an 81 emg into either my boogie quad and power amp or my peavey classic 50.

I like a more organic sound of a analogue delay just as a slap back just to fatten rather than a longer tapped into digital delay.

So choices are:

TC echo brain £49 in the UK. Cheapest but only had ok reviews.

ehx memory toy or boy £85 or £107. Probably where im at price wise just the boy I don’t feel u need options.

mxr carbon copy £159. I hear they are amazing but they most expensive.

Its not going to get gigged its just for my garage use so it’s a bit of a toy. Most of my playing is via Bias and jam up. Im open to suggestions of other pedals but im looking for input on my existing thoughts.
    no sig.....

Out of the one's your looking at I have only tried (and own) the Carbon Copy. Love it. the modulation can be cool as well. They have a bright version as well as some complain the CC is too dark. Also, don't dismiss the boss DM-2w as well.

Comment

I have a Memory Boy and it's a perfectly good analog delay, but it was totally replaced by a TC Electronic Flashback delay that is way more flexible. It's capable of perfectly emulating analog delays. I think it costs around the same as the Carbon Copy.
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I really like the Way Huge Aqua Puss, but the delay time is pretty short, though fine for slapback.
        If I had it to do over, I'd go with the Echo Puss, just for longer delay time. They are both really cool...

Comment

If you want analog only you have the Carbon Copy which is warm sounding but a little hard to hear unless its turned up... you have the Carbon Copy Bright which is very easy to hear and also has a button on it that makes it sound more like a tape delay.

If you want analog and or digital you can't go wrong with the TC Electronics Flashback. Its fantastic and a great value.

If you want cheap but still sounds good... you can't go wrong with a Digitech Digidelay. Its another great delay pedal.

Comment

There's also the Seymour Duncan Andromeda. I use one with my L6 Helix.
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Im awaiting a memory boy that paid £43 used.
              no sig.....

Comment

Working...
              X