Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It just blows my mind consistantly... AMP RELATED... of course....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It just blows my mind consistantly... AMP RELATED... of course....

So, I have tons of amps... blah blah blah.... in regards to using the following amps LIVE.
    2 of the amps that I have been playing with lately are the Orange Tiny Terror head and the Orange Dark Terror Head. In a nutshell... the tiny terror is great for a rhythm guitar player who plays classic rock up to very hard rock and metal. It is NOT for the lead guitar player... especially if you are in a 2 guitar band for 1 simple reason.... NO EFFECTS LOOP and that means NO solo boost. There is NO WAY to get solo boost from this amp if you are going to use the amps distortion. I can't see ANY reason why somebody would buy this amp and not use its incredible gain stages.

The Dark Terror is great for rock and any type of metal. Gain for days. Takes drop tunings really well AND its great for the LEAD GUITAR PLAYER because IT DOES have an EFFECTS LOOP. Throw a boost in the loop and there you have it.

I can't get over how many posts there are online asking the simple question... "how do I boost my Tiny Terror for solo's?" They always mention that putting anything in front of an already distorted amp just ADDS distortion.. it doesn't add DB boost.

For all you young cats out there who don't play live and are lead guitar players... YOU NEED AT LEAST A 6db boost in volume to pop over a live mix. It could be as high as 10 but generally 6db will do it.
    Last edited by jgcable; 04-19-2018, 01:07 PM.

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
    For all you young cats out there who don't play live and are lead guitar players... YOU NEED AT LEAST A 6db boost in volume to pop over a live mix. It could be as high as 10 but generally 6db will do it.
    the other solution is to kick out your rhythm guitar player

Comment

Originally posted by metalhobo View Post
      ok you owe me a keyboard!! I just spit out my drink all over mine!!! lol

Comment

Originally posted by metalhobo View Post
        That doesn't work either. Even with a loud 3pc band you need solo boost if you want the crowd to hear your solos properly.

Its easier to hear without a rhythm guitarist but its not easy enough. You will have the crowd telling you they had a tough time hearing the solos.

Comment

Just pick up an old DOD Bi-FET Preamp from eBay for about $20.00 and you're all set.
          Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

I used to use a Tiny Terror in a 3-piece band, I used a DS-1 to boost the gain for solos but I didn't bother about a volume boost. When I joined a metal band, I went to amps with loops and boosted the volume for solos, but my last band, although metal, was 3-piece again and I stopped boosting the solo volume...

Comment

Working...
            X