what do you guys adjust first?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what do you guys adjust first?

when you play in a different room? I mean playing in one place then another and another. Do you add/subtract presence? maybe you go for treble first? What?

JOHN

Re: what do you guys adjust first?

For me, it's probably a combination of the two first, since on my amp they seem to interact a lot in the sum of the overall tone. I have a few treble/presence controls on my rig too, so that gets to be a real balancing act...

Then of course that all changes as the room fills with people and I have to boost treble/presence more since human bodies suck up the high end...

But, I have to watch that, as my ears lose high frequencies after a bit of loud playing... And I have DEFINITELY over compensated and gotten horribly shrill without realizing it at the time... Doh... Got back home and plugged in with that setting and wow, it was harsh...

I also run a of of bass chunk too and that will get adjusted sometimes too as some rooms have weird resonance and it can get boomy or inadequate sometimes...

Comment

As a personal rule of thumb, I always add midrange the more space there is between my amp (or PA) and the audience so that my attack comes through well. My Sunn 4x12's Celestion GT-75's can only handle a certain amount of high and low frequencies at cranked volume, so I usually set and forget those, but thats just cuz I always fully drive my amphead to capacity. And the clubowners always love that. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

the treble....
        sometimes i forget and the whole band complains [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Comment

I mostly start with the volume [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
          cranking up my poweramp brings along more clarity so I need to take some sharp edges back then, treble mostly...

Comment

Working...
          X