A 5150 (EVH) Block Letter Head!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A 5150 (EVH) Block Letter Head!!

I picked one up yesterday out of our local recycler paper for 300.00!!!! Gosh, these things sound GOOOD!! And you are hearing this from a BOGNER 100B ECSTACY owner!!!

Re: A 5150 (EVH) Block Letter Head!!

Good deal findin'! The 5150 definitely has a sound of its own.

Comment

What is the difference between the block letter and signature heads again? Just power or?

Comment

The story is, that while the 5150 Signature has a few more knobs and a very clean, clean channel, it LACKS the Gain, Thump and Crunch that the BLOCK Letter Model has. For me, Its not versatile, but it sure has a heck of a nice Crunch!

[img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

[ January 22, 2003, 04:52 PM: Message edited by: 1979Charvel ]

Comment

who needs versatility anyway.

all I want is heavyphukinmetal!

5150 is the hotness.

Comment

I just got mine last month. Its the signature not the block letter but I still love it. The distortion is awesome and the clean channel is clean enough for me.
            Damn, I love this Interweb.

Comment

Hey K, Good Catch.... You are right, on that. I just didnt type out what my mind is speakin. I just ordered some knobs and a vent plate that has some cracked corners. I'm using it with my BOGNER cab, but I am looking for a 5150 Cab.

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Charvel:
                Hey K, Good Catch.... You are right, on that. I just didnt type out what my mind is speakin. I just ordered some knobs and a vent plate that has some cracked corners. I'm using it with my BOGNER cab, but I am looking for a 5150 Cab.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Look around pawn shops in your area. Thats how I got mine. I paid 150 for the top in Denver, and 225 for the bottom in El Paso, TX.

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Charvel:
                  The story is, that while the 5150 Signature has a few more knobs and a very clean, clean channel, it LACKS the Gain, Thump and Crunch that the BLOCK Letter Model has. For me, Its not versatile, but it sure has a heck of a nice Crunch!

[img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hey 1979charvel are you sure your not confusing the signature with the 5150II. My signature has the same knob configuration as a block letter. The 5150II does have extra knobs because they have separate eqs.

Also I heard that one of the big changes between the block letter and the signature were that the signature has a set bias. In other words it can't be rebaised without modification.

Comment

Working...
                  X