• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Distortion Pedal for a nice lead sound? help me out

I really like my Boss sd 1. They're cheap too
    www.kiddhavok.com
    www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Distortion Pedal for a nice lead sound? help me out

i play a Peavey Envoy110..crappy amp, but i like the rythm sound i get out of it with my Metalzone...but...i hate the lead sound, its buzzy and thin..
    i havent got money for a good amp but can somebody give me some tips on a good dist. pedal for lead?
    when i practise with my band i play through a marshall or a H&K combo, not the best amps, i use my Metalzone...which is way to harsh at high volumes....

recommend me some stuff
    is the Zoom Hyperlead good?

Comment

Re: Distortion Pedal for a nice lead sound? help me out

ill have a look at the DS1

come on guys...i know you all like 5150s, diezels, and huge marshalls.....but help a poor guy out ! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Put the ge7 before the mt2 and you will be able to create a nice lead sound

Comment

I also thought the metal zone is kinda harsh, so i went with a korg/tone works hyper distortion which has alot of gain, but not as harsh. I also have a tech 21 tri ac which is pretty nice sounding. But if you are on a budget, i would recommend a danelectro fab tone...i use mine all the time and its the best pedal i know of for under $50.

Comment

For $60, you can get a Rocktron Rampage. Very nice pedal with a warm "tube" sound. Lots of tweaking possibilities.

--Dan
            My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Comment

Big Muff [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Find a DOD Juice Box overdrive pedal. They're discontinued now, but those things are awesome!! It does it all from mellow overdrive to full out distorted high-gain metal. They are made to be put in front of an already distorted amp (or you can use it as a stand-alone pedal into a clean amp). The gain control will turn your amp into a monster, plus it even has treble and bass controls. I actually have two of them and love them. I swear, they blow away anything Boss makes. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Hmm sounds good [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] do you have a sound sample toejam?

Comment

I use an ancient Boss HM2 (the 'heavy metal') for leads. Works for me.

Comment

What's wrong with a Big Muff? I was going to recommend one. They're not just super-high-gain grunge sound pedals, you know? They were a favorite of David Gilmour back in the day (think Comfortably Numb). I used a DS-1 as my main distortion for way too long, and I love those things. Very, very generic distortion sound, and a tone control that actually works. You can pick them up brand new for $40.

Comment

I like my FullDrive II - overdrive and distortion unit, with a boost - so it's really two 'channels'.

if I was just looking for a ripping lead tone on a solid state amp, I'd probably grab an Ibanez Tube King - the one I checked out sounded better than my Mesa V-Twin did, and was cheaper to boot.

pete

Comment

I'm with BM on dis one - Big Muff are pretty cool.
                          MXR Distortion + (think early-mid '80s Priest) are cool 'classic' boxes, as well.
                          750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
                          Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

Well, since the Korg 104ds Hyper Distortion has two seperate programmable distortions, you might look for one of those...

I've yet to do too much experimenting with mine as I just bought mine, but I'm sure I'll be able to find a good lead channel and rythm with the pedal...

They only made them for a year or two in the 90's, but they're available on ebay from time to time.

Probably the most versatile and best distortions in a stompbox I've ever heard.
                            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
                            X