F/X Petals for 80's Hair Metal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F/X Petals for 80's Hair Metal?

Ok this is continued from my other post on which amp to use for 80's hair metal. I still haven't decided on which amp yet but I did get a steal on a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe amp. I got it for $100.
    So I need to know what f/x petals to use with this amp to get the 80's hair metal sound? I am still goung to gey another amp, I think I will use this as a practice amp.

Thanks

Re: F/X Petals for 80\'s Hair Metal?

THAT IS A STEAL! Not exactly a metal amp by any stretch of the imagination however... You'll probably need something like these pedals...

1)Metal distortion pedal
    2)Delay
    3)Chorus
    4)Phaser or flanger
    5)Wah

I have used all the above with Boss, and there are few better. That's probably a good metal (or any other kind of music for that matter) starter kit to try. Good luck!

Comment

I'm with Chris, although I prefer the MXR phase 90, and use a Morley wha. I have a Boss bf-2, but I'm not real happy with it. It creates a huge volume boost when kicke in.
      Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

Comment

Oops - I didn't mean a Boss wah - I used a Morley too. Mine was the one with wah-distortion-volume. Pretty cool IMHO. I didn't really use a Phaser much if at all, so I'm sure there are better ones out there like the MSR, but chorus and delay are both great with Boss.

Comment

The BOSS HM-2 is a pretty 80s-metal sounding distortion, and they're only $25
          to $30 on Ebay these days. I also agree
          about the other effects named above; you
          need 'em all to get that hairband sound!
          They'll all sound good driving that tube
          amp too!

Lerx
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I've seen some flowers with nice petals, but never with any pedals. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

volume pedal - set to 0.
              [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              just kidding! really alls you would need is a distortion pedal of some sort, maybe even a few of them layered on top of each other to get that metal going. unless you wanted to make some crazy effects. maybe you'd want a delay or a talkbox or something. good luck!

Comment

Working...
              X