I NEED help!!...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I NEED help!!...

I want to sell off my rack unit and purchase a DSL50 to go with my 1960BV cab. Now the question that I need answered requarding this is... If I cleared the clothes and removed the door to my closet (just big enough in width to fit a full sized 4x12 with about 6" to spare) would an amp be ok to be stored and played in that type of an environment? I mean it would basically just be like extending the room, by removing the door right?

OR

I might buy a DSL 201 or 401 combo amp. I noticed the combo amps have a feature the heads dont. They DON'T share EQ's between the 2 channels. Also the 401 can be footswitched between "Clean, OD 1 & OD 2" I take that as you can switch between 3 channels right? Or am I wrong on that, is it like the rest, Clean or OD? The 401 also comes with an optional Reverb on/off footswitch jack.

Im going through this "SPACE" crisis because Its finally starting to drive me insane that I have no room in my room. Now mind you that I haven't had a combo amp in quite a few years now. I went from a 1x8 combo to a full stack to a half stack. So Im not sure as to how happy I can be without the fullness of a 4x12, THUS the question if I take the door off my closet and move the clothes.. raise the shelves ect ect, that it wont be harmful to the amp (weather wise).

Thanks [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Re: I NEED help!!...

I'm not real sure what you mean by weather wise, but my DSL doesn't get that hot for a tube amp. The 50 doesn't even have the vents in the top that the 100 has.

It does suck that the EQ is sharred, but I solved that problem by using a GE-7 for the clean channel. The DSL50 head also has the reverb on off jack that you refered to.
    Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

Comment

I just meant humidity, It was late and I was super pissed off that I had no room so I couldn't think of the word humidity. Anyway Im in the proces of major cleaning/rearranging bound and determined to create atleast another foot worth of walkin space, then the 4x12 can stay, haha!

Comment

Since you're removing the door it shouldn't make much of a difference. My closet stays damn COLD for some reason, but if I leave the door open it warms up.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Mariah:
          Since you're removing the door it shouldn't make much of a difference. My closet stays damn COLD for some reason, but if I leave the door open it warms up.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">If the closet is on an exterior wall, then the bulder probably created a little
          extra space by not insulating the wall in
          the closet. That can make it both colder
          and more humid in there, to address both
          of your statements. and yes, if the door is removed the closet will warm up, and the humidity issue will be diluted throughout the whoe room. Where are you
          putting the door you removed, though?
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat:
            If the closet is on an exterior wall, then the bulder probably created a little
            extra space by not insulating the wall in
            the closet. That can make it both colder
            and more humid in there, to address both
            of your statements. and yes, if the door is removed the closet will warm up, and the humidity issue will be diluted throughout the whoe room. Where are you
            putting the door you removed, though?
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">So far after working in my room the entire day I've managed to create more walking space and will probably do a little bit more rearranging tomorrow. Im sure I'll buy another wall hanger and hang my ovation. I was able to not have to create a bigger mess by moving the contents of my closet out just to fit in my amp. BTW if I would've taken off the door, it would've went to the garage.

Comment

Working...
            X