Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I make my stupid Whammy pedal true bypass?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I make my stupid Whammy pedal true bypass?

Ok, I've had the Digitech XP100 Whammy/Wah pedal for about 6 years now. I don't use it all that often because it sucks my high end tone out really bad! It basically just sits on the floor most of the time and collects dust, and my cat seems to like to jump on it and play with it! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Anyway, I've been using it a bit more lately and I think the wah, whammy and a couple of the harmony patches sound really good and I would like to keep this on my pedal board in front of my other effects. I don't want to put it in my effects loop, since it makes all the patches sound like ass... though the harmony presets do sound better in the loop. So is there some kind of "true bypass switch" I can somehow install to make my tone better? [img]graemlins/help.gif[/img]

[ January 24, 2003, 09:09 PM: Message edited by: toejam ]
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Re: Can I make my stupid Whammy pedal true bypass?

I know what you mean bro... I had an XP100 and had sooo much fun with it! But like you, I couldn't stand how it effected my tone even when bypassed. Have you considered an A/B splitter box? You could have one line going through the pedal and into the rest of your efffects and then another line going straight to your other effects. Then use the Whammy line only when you need it... Never tried it personally but it sounds doable.

Comment

yeah, it's real doable - you just have four jacks on a box - and a footswitch. guitar plugs into one, the output goes to an amp (or the rest of your effects). The other two jacks go into your effect you want to true bypass.

I can build ya one fairly cheap - gimme an email at [email protected]. The price of one would vary proportionally to the cost of parts.

Pete

Comment

Ah, a splitter box! I didn't even think about that. That should work. I'll have to look into one of them. Thanks, Troy. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by OklaStrat:
          yeah, it's real doable - you just have four jacks on a box - and a footswitch. guitar plugs into one, the output goes to an amp (or the rest of your effects). The other two jacks go into your effect you want to true bypass.

I can build ya one fairly cheap - gimme an email at [email protected]. The price of one would vary proportionally to the cost of parts.

Pete
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Cool. Thanks, Pete. I'm sending you mail now! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

All you have to do is buy a true bypass switch and solder it in. DUH! A/B Spliters, could you make it any more complicated? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[ January 26, 2003, 01:14 PM: Message edited by: Wow ]

Comment

It's like modding a tube amp for more gain - you just solder more parts in, right?

Man, I'd love to see the color of the sky on your planet...

Pete

Comment

I am not to sure how different the switch is on a Whammy pedal. Maybe you can use this.

Torres Engineering
                Damn, I love this Interweb.

Comment

Working...
                X