Diezel heads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diezel heads

i once saw pulse ultra live not to long ago and i saw him using diezel cabs and i wondered if anyone knew where i can get info on diezel and prices>??

thanks [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Re: Diezel heads

http://www.mattsmusic.com
    We must!
    We must!
    We must increase the bust!
    The bigger the better!
    The tighter the sweater!
    The boys are counting on us!

Comment

Go to http://www.Rig-talk.com

the official Diezel Forum.

Here is my Herbert.

Last edited by mhenson42; 01-07-2007, 06:43 PM.

Comment

My friend in Beyond Fear played THAT and the Framus Cobra while on tour..he reported both were very cool amps..he was a tad partial to the Cobra.

But guess what he picked..
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Prices for a Diezel? If you have to ask, you can't afford it ... seriously. Those are some EXPENSIVE amps. IMO they are to guitar amplification as EMGs are to pickups - pretty soulless. Super refined sound though, if that floats your boat.

Comment

Prices went up recently:

Einstein = $3,200
            Herbert = $4,300
            VH4 = $4,400
            VH4S = $4,700
            412 Cab= $1,050
            212 Cab = $850

I paid $4,100 for my Herbert and it was worth every penny.

Comment

Originally posted by sakeido View Post
              IMO they are to guitar amplification as EMGs are to pickups - pretty soulless.
              :ROTF:

Have you actually played a Diezel?

Comment

Originally posted by mhenson42 View Post

Hello and Welcome man!!

I was just on the "3 favorite amps" thread..and saw your killer, high gain stable..VERY FUGGIN' NICE!!

I responded and asked a couple questions, can't waite for your feedback..check it out.

Thanks,

Bill Z Bub

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Yeah, just once because its too expensive for anyone I know to own one, plus they are hard to get in Canada. A band came through town and needed a retube, came to our shop because they didn't have the tubes for it. We retubed it and played on it until he came to pick it up to uhh break in the tubes and while it sounds great, just like EMGs do, its missing a certain kind of character.. just like EMGs do.

Comment

Originally posted by sakeido View Post
                    Yeah, just once because its too expensive for anyone I know to own one, plus they are hard to get in Canada. A band came through town and needed a retube, came to our shop because they didn't have the tubes for it. We retubed it and played on it until he came to pick it up to uhh break in the tubes and while it sounds great, just like EMGs do, its missing a certain kind of character.. just like EMGs do.
                    I can't argue with someone's preference in tone. That's why there's alot of different amps out there.

What tubes did you put in it. The tonal variations from mixing/matching power-amp tubes are endless. You can run 3 different pairs of tubes at the same time - very cool. I just have 6 el34s in mine right now - but I'm going to swap out some for some 6l6s to see what happens.

Comment

Awesome tone is priceless..which is also subjective..to a degree. I know what "crap" is when I hear it.

I'd rather have 6l6 than EL34s..better low end and crunch IMO.

I never liked the Marshall 9200 poweramps with EL34s..big difference than mine with the 5881's (6L6), they stopped making those for some reason..I say go for it!!

Also, I had two Lee Jackson Ampeg VH-100s..one with EL34, the other with 6550s, no comparison when going back in forth with my splitter.

I was in deep thought about converting the Uber to KT88s, 6550s, 6L6..before I got those Tung Sol preamp tubes..it remedied that midrange "honk" I couldn't rid of at HIGH levels..it's very dark and beefy now..like my pud.

Bill Z

Comment

My favorite model on the Vettas is the Diezel VH4 "lead." Sounds better, to my ear, than Deity's Son (the Herbert model). I'm wondering if anyone knows how well the Vettas approximate the difference in Diezel amps. In other words, I'm very interested in the Herbert and the VH4, but based on the models, I like the VH4 better. Obviously I'm going to try them out before I buy, but I was wondering if anyone had experience with both a Vetta and the Diezels.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                          My friend in Beyond Fear played THAT and the Framus Cobra while on tour..he reported both were very cool amps..he was a tad partial to the Cobra.

But guess what he picked..
                          I don't know Bill, what?
                          Scott

Comment

I can't argue with someone's preference in tone. That's why there's alot of different amps out there.

What tubes did you put in it. The tonal variations from mixing/matching power-amp tubes are endless. You can run 3 different pairs of tubes at the same time - very cool. I just have 6 el34s in mine right now - but I'm going to swap out some for some 6l6s to see what happens.
                            We did all 6L6s for that one. I didn't know you could mix and match tubes though, that's pretty sweet. In retrospect, soulless was the wrong way to describe it. It just reminded me of german cars - in theory extremely well engineered but it lacked some kind of passion. Just didn't float my boat, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by danastas View Post
                              My favorite model on the Vettas is the Diezel VH4 "lead." Sounds better, to my ear, than Deity's Son (the Herbert model). I'm wondering if anyone knows how well the Vettas approximate the difference in Diezel amps. In other words, I'm very interested in the Herbert and the VH4, but based on the models, I like the VH4 better. Obviously I'm going to try them out before I buy, but I was wondering if anyone had experience with both a Vetta and the Diezels.
                              Have owned both, currently have the Herbert.

They are so different its not even the same universe....
                              Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

Working...
                              X