Shipping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shipping?

What do you guys feel about getting a 4x12 cab shipped across the country from a purchase off ebay? To me it just seems like theres so much that can go wrong, I don't want to buy one unless its close enough to me so i can drive down and get it myself. PLus, even if shipping can be somewhat safe, shipping charges, insurance and duties for us canadians seem overwhealming when u think of it, a couple hundred bucks at least for something that cost you 4-5 hundred. What do you guys do in such cases?

Re: Shipping?

That's prolly something I guess I'd try to buy locally, myself... Pretty much a PITA to ship, and lotsa people won't pack it well.

Comment

I think for me the cost of shipping adds to much to the price, unless the cab is just stupidly cheap. I have never had a cab shipped, dont they have to go truck freight. I too would look locally not for the damage issue, but for overall cost.

I am kinda retarded took me a while to get the PITA thing. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Yea what he said

[ January 30, 2003, 12:14 AM: Message edited by: LRGman ]

Comment

Well where are you at and what cab are you looking for? Im going to be selling my Marshall 1960BV cab pretty soon. Its about a year old or so, in great condition never gigg'd out, Im a bedroom guy and I take care of my ****, only thing on it is a lil dust. email me at [email protected] if its somefin your interested in, and Im in So Cal.

Comment

He's in Canada.

I bought one of my Marshall 4x12s through ebay from a seller in So.Cal. (Im in Az), and Fed ex shipped it for about $100.
          The only reason I grabbed it was it had my beloved 65 watt Celestions in it, and it was cheap as hell!
          Otherwise, I'd shop locally. My other one was a local Pawn Shop score.

Comment

Where at in Canada? Near Lake Erie?

Bill has a new 900 slant for sale that is dead mint. Drive down, and get it...

Comment

I've bought and sold several Marshall 4x12s through the years and it's not really that big of deal. Both UPS and Fedex will ship them, and both (ground service) will run you $50-60 inside the US, and certainly under $75 to Canada. I'd only do it for something fairly rare or cheap. It certainly isn't worth having a JCM900 cab shipped to you since they're all over the place.

Ross

Comment

lol, thanks marhsall tone for the offer but i live in Montreal, would be a nice long drive down!

Comment

Originally posted by eet_fuk_81:
                  lol, thanks marhsall tone for the offer but i live in Montreal, would be a nice long drive down!
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hehehe Yeah, good thing cause I decided I put too much $ into that one piece of equipment and Im sure later on down the road I'll want another 4x12 so Imjust gonna cover it and keep it.

Comment

Working...
                  X