Marshall Mode 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall Mode 4

Hello gentlemen I'm a new member of the JCF but I have been looking at this site for about 3 years. Anyhow my question is, can any of you tell me anything about the new Mode 4 Marshall. Is this an all valve amp or some kind of hybred?I know this is a new product but hopefully some of you have checked these out for tone etc. etc. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Marshall Mode 4

It's a tube/SS hybrid.

Mode Four 350 W Head

I heard a clip of it...was not very impressed.

Comment

Yeah, it's basically a new Valvestate.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

A really spendy valvestate!

Comment

i'd say its a fair price. but mkIV's take a lot of tweaking to get the sound you want. a rectifier is a whole lot simpler. but its your choice. everybody's hyped up on peavey 5150's lately, their going for aroud 500 used right now. they are a little fuzzy for me, but then again i have never hooked one up to my cab and tweaked it. so i could easily change my mind. supposedly they are a cross between a marshall plexi and a soldano. which sounds about right for eddie. hehheh. i do like mkIV's a lot though, so let your ears be the judge of whatever you decide.
          Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

If you like the Marshall tone, you can get a DSL 401 combo for $700 and it's got all the tube warmth from EL84's in the power section and it can run a 4x12.

Comment

Thanks guys, well I don't need any more type of solid state amplification as I'm running through a 1986 Randall rg100ES w/4-12 jaguar cab. I'm pretty pleased with the tone for what it is (s.s.)but I want the warmth and over drive of a good tube amp. A local store in my area (Phoenix) has a Mark4 wide body (Measa Boogie) in excellent cond. for $900.00 (used) is this a fair price.? How would you rate this amp.? [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
              X