Hey cleveland metal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey cleveland metal

Hey whats up?I also have a emg pa2 in one of my guitars.The thing is when I switch it on I seem to get alot of feedback and hiss.What do you have yours set on?and what do you do do get rid of the extra noise they cause?I have the one that has the little plastic screw on the inside to either raise or lower it effect.Thanks for the help.paul

Re: Hey cleveland metal

Hey Paul,

I have the same problem... I'm currently running it around 10 oclock (if you were holding the thing with the switch pointed down) and it helps slam the front end of the amp more than "not" being there.

The best impact for most tube amps seems to be around 1 oclock. But that is a REALLY hissy and noisy setting...

I've used multiple arrangement of several hush units I have and haven't really come to a useable solution. They actually add noise on their own. The only one I'm using now is the one in the Intellifex. If I keep the PA2 levels low, it will deal with it.

I built one into the output of a hush unit, that I was feeding the whole rack with, and that was actually pretty effective. Guitar went into the hush, and the output of the hush fed the PA2. That kept the PA2 a lot quieter when the hush clamped down. I have to work on that again, I just got mad at the noise that the hush was introducing into the signal, it's actually a pretty noisy circuit when in operation. It's only quiet when it clamps down. I'd like to try it with a Drawmer noise unit.

I'm sending one soon to a friend that is in VLSI surface mount technology and he's going to remove the op amp and replace it with a expensive really low noise one and go through some other parts to see if improvements could be made. Not that EMG is slacking, but they won't just use a 6 dollar op amp in a 26 dollar product.

Comment

Working...
    X