marshall 8100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marshall 8100

I just scored a marshall 8100 off of ebay.I was very worried about buying a valvestate head.But oh my god when it comes to thrash or deathmetal this thing kills.The low end chunk is unreal.The clean channel is ok but I dont use the clean that often for it to really matter.I wonder how this compare to the bogner uber???If anyone can tell me please let me know.

Re: marshall 8100

Im not talking build quality.Im just talking about the heaviness of the sound.The uber is supposed to be a real heavy sounding head.I was just talking about how the marshall 8100 compares to that.

Comment

The Uber would smack it around... my VHT 50/CL was a much heavier sounding head, BUT, for the money, the 8100 Valvestates are a great deal.

An Uber/VHT killer? nope.

Pete

Comment

They do the death good and they do have their place. But, they're far from the real character of a good tube amp...

I wouldn't mind having one around for certain things.

Comment

I've got a 8100 head also,if you want some heavy ass distortion,run a boss eq through the f/x loop.It slaughters.That's how I got mine set up and to me you need no more than just that for some great distortion.
          Gear
          '88 Charvel Model 6
          '90 Charvel 650 Custom
          '92 Jackson Dinky Reverse Professional
          '93 Jackson USA Randy Rhoads PCS #23
          '07 Jackson DKMG Mutt

Comment

Working...
          X