Rocktron Pro Q

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocktron Pro Q

Who's using this Pro Q unit around here?

Just won one on the Bay, and figured I'd inquire about your comments, usage and placement.

I know pretty much what I'll be doing with it. But, it's always good to hear others input...

Re: Rocktron Pro Q

I don't have one but I would be interested to hear how you like it. A buddy of mine that has/had just about one of everything told me it was a tone sucker. But, I have heard others say good things about them. So I am curious and would appreciate your opinion.

I am using a green face pq-3 right now just to tighten up my sound.

Comment

Spiderman is using one with his CAE John. Shoot him an email and I'm sure he'll fill you in.
      We must!
      We must!
      We must increase the bust!
      The bigger the better!
      The tighter the sweater!
      The boys are counting on us!

Comment

Vince likes them!

Comment

Thanks

i wanted that but someone bidded to high
          on it

Comment

Yeah, I was irked too, some guy in Missouri bid it to way more than I wanted to pay. But, I've been wanting one for a year now, so, I payed more than I wished. I haven't seen one go for less than $220, at in the last 6-12 months.

I didn't see any familiar names bidding...

Comment

I've got a ProQ in my rack and it's a cool piece. You can completely change your tone around. I haven't played around with it too much just made a few presets. I've got it hooked in the chain as the last processor right before the power amp. I've been looking around to see if anyone's got a copy of the manual....I'd like to read up on it....if anyone's got a manual please email me and I'll throw a couple bucks your way for a copy.

- Joel
              RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
              RIP Dime

Comment

Take the "SE" off of your 3+, and yes - you have my rig... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I like the CAE clean just like it is, no need for EQ.

I know that you are going for a very high-gain (moreso than the 3+SE + EMG + PA2 offer [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] ). You'll find that the ProQ will let you dial in an "edgier, tighter" sound that although it's not truly "higher gain" - does sound like it is.

And - if your interested - I'm selling the RSB-18.

Comment

I've been debating on trying one myself. It has to sound better than the BBE 422a with the 3+. That athing sucks the tone right out of my rig. Needless to say it's going away soon. Hey I bet KingVee has at least 7 copies of the original manual in his studio. lol
                  We must!
                  We must!
                  We must increase the bust!
                  The bigger the better!
                  The tighter the sweater!
                  The boys are counting on us!

Comment

Yeah, it's interesting, I only want that percieved high gain for the tight low E and A string chugs... Other than that, the gain I have now is even too much and destroys the tone of the CAe in the higher registers... I did a simple mod to the second channel that improved the gain on it and it is REALLY useable for me now. I wasn't using that channel at all up till now...

Sounds like the Pro Q may be a good thing to work with on this.

I was contemplating an Axess looper. Hmmm... RSB-18... Hmm...Interesting... Not so sure I really want that. the buffers etc make me wonder. Maybe I do... Why are you selling...

Feel free to email me about "that" question, hehe...

Comment

John - the ProQ will let you "shape" your tone and should be a good tool for what your looking for. Like you said - it's a perception - and dialing the EQ in right can do wonders to your sound.

Chris - no comparison on the BBE vs. the ProQ (or any other good EQ). The BBE (in John's words) "sounds like @ss" with the 3+.

As for the RSB - you've got mail.

Comment

Cleveland -

You will love your Pro Q - I know I do.

Congrats!

Jer
                        [email protected]

Comment

Cool, glad to hear all the good words... I'm really looking forward to getting it...

Comment

Congrats John, I think you'll like the ProQ. You can totally reshape your sound. I don't have a manual for mine - otherwise I'd offer one to you and Joel - but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out either.

I use mine immediately after the preamp. Like the Intellifex - the ProQ has the Rocktron Hush built in - and I use the Hush in the ProQ rather than the hush in the Intellifex. That way - I'm sending a nice quiet, EQ'd signal to the Intellifex. It works best for my own applications that way.

I have the ProQ on almost 90% of the time. I use it with channel 2 and channel 3 on the 3+. I typically don't use it with channel 1.

[ February 02, 2003, 12:02 PM: Message edited by: Spiderman ]

Comment

Hah, sounds like I'm going to be having your rig Spiderman!! CAE3+se > ProQ > Intellifex > VHT 2150

I'm looking forward to its arrival for sure. I actually saw a review on HC where the guy really liked it on his clean sound and not his distortion sound so much, haha...

I don't think you can really improve much on the CAE clean sound for my needs, it's pretty nice.

I need a looper soon...

Comment

Working...
                              X