SD Live Wires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SD Live Wires

Hey guys, I don't know of many people who use the Seymour Duncan Live Wires...most here seem to use either EMGs, a passive SD pup, or...yeah, other kinds, I suppose like Dimarzio. I was curious about the tonality of the active SD Live Wires, I'm not condemning them, I'm just curious as to their responsibility in the tone I have. I have a Live Wire HM in the bridge, and a classic loaded in the neck. I have a Triaxis, Mesa 50/50, and recently took the Roland eq and BBE out of my rack because I never used them. The V30's sound awesome, and I was just curious as to why I have never been able to get a "muddy" tone. Every tone I have is very crisp, clean, and full of presence, bite, and sharp response. I'm very happy with the tone, no complaints here at all, just curiousity as to whether the active SD's in my guitar could be creating those tonal characteristics. Early Marshall days, and even tones more recent to today's metal scene (of the bands that began in the 70's and 80's, no new ones) always seem to have this grungy touch (best way I can describe it) where there's almost like a static in their power chords, or a deep shattering growl, like the notes are breaking up, even on the single notes and leads. I just didn't know if it was my amp, guitar, pickups, or what may cause such a crisp, absolutely clear tone, which I absolutely love, but am just curious as to why I could never get any different. Maybe a parametric eq after the Triaxis would help? Any comments, suggestions, insights, or whatever are cool...I don't know if a passive pup would give me that different tone, or not. Also, the clean pup seems to have too much power or drive behind it...would a resistor on the tone knob or volume knob help?

Cheers,
    Nick

[ February 03, 2003, 05:59 PM: Message edited by: Misanthrope189 ]
Working...
X