Rocktron VooduValve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocktron VooduValve

Haven't heard that the newer ones are more aggressive... The really new ones are Korean and probably crapfully made.

I have a somewhat older USA Voodu Valve Online, and it's pretty kick ass. I loved the Low end crunch the best in that thing over most preamps I've tried... It can get a nice low chug when the EQ is set right. It can be very Marshally. The presets are lame, and it can be dialed up to be really cool. It's ALL in the post and pregain EQ.

I have a CAE3+se and I STILL want to loop the VV into the rig...

They're a little dead sounding, but very cool. They also have a digital hish that goes along with the notes as they fade out that bugs me a lot. But, it's quite liveable.

Quick tip:
    Set Gain high (52-78) and pull the pregain EQ bass level out totally, then boost the bass in the post gain EQ almost full out... That will give major edge, crunch and definition to the low end strings on that preamp, then play with the rest of the EQ setting to your liking...

Chug is available more from the speaker emulator... Set it at full range, and play with the other control to your speakers ability not to fart out.

I never liked the variac and kept it off or just slightly on.

Feel free to ask me any questions...

Or, stop on my board and ask questions... See link below...

Rocktron VooduValve

Hey

I scored a Rocktron VooduValve v1.3 5 minutes ago. It was at 250€. I've heard that de newer versions are more aggressive. Is that true ?
    What are the differenced between the newer version like the VoduValve Online and the v 1.3 ?

I hope I can get some nice lead sounds out of that thing [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

dom

[ February 04, 2003, 12:22 PM: Message edited by: dom ]

Comment

Working...
    X