Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Spongebob SquareAMP

[img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
    750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
    Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

Gee, I guess this means Spongebob gets a full on tube woody everytime he gets turned on.

Comment

How do you make an amp? I want to make a high gain monster!

Comment

How do you make an amp? Oh dats easy myorangecat! You jus take some wires....aaand some tube thingys, maybe some of dose little screws n stuff...Oh almost forgot you will definitely need a lunch box to stuff it all into. Yeah dats bout it really.
          Or you can just wait for Pete to reply?
          [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Dave, I sense you are poking fun at me, or suggesting petes amp does not work.

From what he says in his post he implies it works, or will work.

Also, I was making a bad joke.

I have a sailor moon lunchbox I think I will revamp it, stick a metal zone in it, make extensions to all the pots, and lengthen the inputs, and tell people its my, *secret weapon*.

Comment

Myorangecat: I'm sorry I meant it in the most lighthearted way. I was just thinking "How would Strongbad answer this"? (If you dont know who strongbad is go here... http://homestarrunner.com/sbemail36.html

As far as Petes ability: I have no doubt of his ability what so ever I promise you that!
              I have total faith that Pete WILL deliver whatever he puts his mind to making. Not only do I think that lunchbox works but I will wager it kicks ass too! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
              BTW Welcome myorangecat I dont think we have been introduced! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

[edit] *****abell spealln

[ February 09, 2003, 03:50 AM: Message edited by: Dave ]
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Doesn't work yet... been doing band stuff and work stuff, but should get a chance to finish wiring up spongebob. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Pete

Comment

Okla, i would be interested in knowing how I could make a decent high gain amp out of my sailor moon lunchbox.

If you could give me an idea, i would be most greatful.

Comment

heh, by decent, i mean something to fukk of with and show my friends [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Only bad thing about building amps, it's not exactly a 5 minute learning curve, and if you don't know what you're doing... even ol' spongebob can put you in the grave.

Pete

Comment

Well I took 3 years of electronics in school, I dont know much, other than like, dont shave your balls with your electric razor in the tub, dont put wires in your mouth.

I really regret some of the things we did in school, instead of learnign we made inductors we could shock each other with, and we connected a test lead to one and stabbed Detwiler (some nerd who always wanted my grades) in the ass, but the thing was Ray (who was a flunky) aimed it perfect, thru his jeans, into his asshole, and he made the most odd eeoooooaooaaaheeeewwwwooooooooooooooo Sound you would ever hear come out of anything living, he hits the floor, I fall under my desk laughing so freaking hard, and the teaher is like WHAT THE ******** is GOING ON BACK THERE!

Anyway, Im not a complete idiot, so if you could point me in the direction of what your stuffing into one of those boxes, I could just buy it an assemble it.

Comment

BWAHAHAHHA! MOC, that was one disturbingly hilarious anecdote!

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

i think you hit the g spot in his ass.

he's probably gay now because of you guys

[ February 14, 2003, 08:06 AM: Message edited by: Dreamland_Rebel ]
                            Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Originally posted by myorangecat:

Anyway, Im not a complete idiot, so if you could point me in the direction of what your stuffing into one of those boxes, I could just buy it an assemble it.
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Sure.

two tube sockets
                              output transformer
                              power transformer
                              teflon coated wire
                              4 power/filter capacitors
                              4 diodes
                              a dozen or so resistors
                              1/2 dozen or so capacitors
                              two 1/4" jacks
                              one power switch
                              two knobs
                              one 500k pot
                              one 1M pot
                              120v Lamp

That's pretty close, altho I'd have to count on the resistors and caps. Oh, add about 20 or so bolts and screws, and locktite. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Pete

Comment

damn so i guess i get components and have to figure out where to put everything. . . damn.

Yeah detwiler didnt like that at all. We had this other kid Jason Smith that would put the multimeter at like 42 volts and .007 amps, and put a test lead on each temple and turn it on.

We had some real winners in our class, he was like, dude, you dont even have to pay to get high, you just do this and you start seeing ****.

Oh my god i sometimes forget about how much fun that class was, since there were only like 4 non idiots including me, I made ALOT of money off doing everyone elses labs.

Comment

Working...
                                X