X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best chorus/flanger pedal?

hello everyone,
    i am looking to add to my setup.
    what is the best chorus and flanger pedals available?
    i am auditioning for a band and the songs they want need it...
    any help would be great.
    thanks!

Re: best chorus/flanger pedal?

TC Electronic Chorus/Flanger/Pitch Modulator

Comment

TC unit is nice, so is the Fulltone Choralflange. Also, the ADA flanger units are pretty cool too.

Pete

Comment

i'm actually really weird on this subject...i like my chorus and or pitch modulator to be as quiet as possible so i use the digitech ips33b, (it's within my price range otherwise i'd be using either an eventide or tc electronics...) they can be had used for about 2-250...on the flangers i prefer mine to be as noisy as possible, it adds to the effect in my ears so i usually use some sort of pedal, have gotton really good results from a plain old boss flanger, the old mxr stuff is noisy to but also a great flanger...d.m.
        http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

how much do the tc or the choralflange go for?
          i heard they are well above the $200 range.

How about something in the boss pedal price range?

is boss my best bet?

Comment

the danolectro cool cat sounds awesome for a chorus pedal , looks like **** but sounds great , we pay 100 to 125 bucks up here in Canada for em , so down there [USA] they should be 50 to 75 bucks or so . I think I am gonna get one and paint it black cause that sea foam green color thats on em sucks ! //Steve

Comment

If you want a GREAT sounding chorus pedal that is on the cheaper side, look for a Pearl chorus - made in the 80s. They are really good sounding. You can get em for $75-$100 or so, but they are hard to find. i think one would smoke just about anything except for the TC/Fulltone/ADA trio.

Pete

Comment

TC electronics IMO best pedals out there.....but they really got that expensive

i havent used or bought a pedal in a long long time

i remember buyin mine for $129 & thinking damn for the price of 2 of these i could get a cheap rack effects unit, ok that was 89

Comment

Anybody have a link to the:
                  TC Electronic Chorus/Flanger/Pitch Modulator ?
                  Finn

Comment

I have a boss chorus CE-2 that I got second hand for $30 at a local dealer. One of the best I've ever heard. Also the old Boss BF-2 is a good unit and can be had for around $40-$50.

Ric

Comment

I agree with Pete. I foolishly sold him my Pearl Chorus pedal, and when I went back to pedals a few months back I had to search all over for one.
                      Now I'm doing the same thing trying to find a decent delay that doesn't break the bank! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I use an Ibanez FL-9 Flanger and it's a very solid flanger that can be had for >$75 I believe. The CS-9 Chorus from the same series (same as the famous TS-9 Tube Screamer) is also an excellent low budget chorus and easy to find. They're both all analog and do sound much nicer than most of the digital pedals out there - certainly nicer than anything in a similar price range.

Ross

Comment

Working...
                      X