Rocktron Hush pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocktron Hush pedal

hey i wondered how well does this pedal work i have a peavey supreme 100 watt head and if you've ever played through one has pretty bad feedback and noise i was wondering how well does the pedal get rid of that and does it take away from my tone/gain/sound at all ?

thanks where can i find them also?

Re: Rocktron Hush pedal

I was about to ask the same question. I've got a rackmount Hush, but my brother needs a pedal and the Boss NS1 isn't cutting it.
    sigpic

Comment

I owned the little blue Hush pedal for one day. It actually works exactly as advertised. It keeps everything dead quiet and allows the notes to sustain without any abrupt cutoff.

Now for the downside: I'm so picky about my sound that I couldn't live with the way it slightly thinned out my tone. The difference was barely noticeable, but it was enough to bug me. I discovered that I would rather live with a little hiss than to modify my sound.

You guys should try it, though. It really does work.
      Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

thanks i've seen them on ebay and they arnt to exspensive i might pick one up [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

You might also want to check out the new MXR noise gate. It has 3 settings that do the job very well. I was getting a lot of hiss from having the preamp gain set high, and I ran the MXR set on "hiss" through the effects loop, and it's as quiet now as my rack setup was. Plus those MXRs are built like little tanks!

Comment

hey powertube how bad does it thin out the tone ? I am a picky prick too ! lol !!! //Steve

p.s. how much is the hush pedal ? whats a normal store price ? I have seen em go new for 40 US on ebay , but I got guys up in Canada here telling me they are over 200 Canadian !

Comment

Originally posted by Steve:
              hey powertube how bad does it thin out the tone ? I am a picky prick too ! lol !!! //Steve

p.s. how much is the hush pedal ? whats a normal store price ? I have seen em go new for 40 US on ebay , but I got guys up in Canada here telling me they are over 200 Canadian !
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">To my ears, it slightly took away some of my tonal "bandwidth," so to speak. It's hard to describe. It was like some of the richness was missing from my sound.

I got mine for $69.99 + taxes at Guitar Center last year.
              Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

try the boss ns2.I hooked one up to my lee jackson head and it works great.Plus it will not effect the tone of the head.

Comment

Believe it or not, those cheap little ZOOM 505II pedals have a noise reduction setting that cuts out all hiss and feedback without cutting sustain. You get a tuner, EQ, all kinds of effects, etc. with them too. I would never dream of using a pedal like this for overall tone, but throw it into an effects chain, and it works pretty good with a distortion pedal and whatever other effects you want. Of course, it's ZOOM, so it's crap. I don't know if the Digitech version has a noise reduction setting.
                  My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Comment

yeah I think I am just gonna go for the rocktron hush , a lot of guys I like play em and my tone is pretty much like their's so I think that would be my best bet , I tryed the boss ns? and it didn't sound that great and I had to crank every thing to 10 just to get any thing happening out of it ? has any one tryed the rocktron chorus the sunammi or what ever she's called ? //Steve

Comment

I have the Boss NS2 and run that straight into my amp, sometimes I use it in my effects loop. It's pretty decent, but tends to cut the sustain off a little. I also have a Rocktron Surf Tremolo pedal that's got the Hush built in, and that works pretty well, plus it's got a built in compressor with separate footswitch, and it's got high end enhance control. The only reason I got one is because Jeff Hanneman uses one to get his cool tremolo effects, and I love it! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

[ February 10, 2003, 03:50 PM: Message edited by: toejam ]
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I sent the Rocktron Tsumami chorus pedal back because it didn't seem to work right--I think it was defective. But when I was playing around with it, it seemed like a decent chorus. The ambiance setting didn't do much, though. I think you'd be better off with another brand's chorus. Rocktron's Rampage distortion is a good choice for the price. But it's not as ballsy as it should be.
                        My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Comment

The Rocktron pedals are sh!t. The Boss NS-2 works great for me with EMG's to both my VHT UL and Bogner Uberschall. The NS-2 is what I use to get rid of the feedback. I have a Rocktron rack to kill the hiss. The rack works great.

Comment

The older Rocktron pedals are great. The newer ones of the past couple years are now made in Korea, I believe.
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                            X